• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

January Transfer Window 2022

tonykellowfan

It's all very well having another striker who can put the ball in the net but fitting them in (when Nombe is back) is another story. Amond knows where the goal is but rarely plays alongside Nombe..
Fitting them in isn't going to be a problem as Nombe is out for at least 2 months.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Portsmouth striker John Marquis deemed surplus to requirements and expected to leave in January with a posse of League Two clubs interested.

fred binneys head

Portsmouth striker John Marquis deemed surplus to requirements and expected to leave in January with a posse of League Two clubs interested.
That would definitely be a Marquis signing.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Orient or Northampton will be faves, he has been on loan to them before

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't believe anybody in our league could afford his wages. Then again, football is a crazy industry!

sign of the chimes

I get the sense that the club would be pleased to get him out the door - but he's almost certainly one of our top earners; and while he's unlikely to command anywhere near the same sort of money after a pretty ordinary two-and-a-half years with us, I think we'll have to be very creative (i.e. foot a fair whack of his wage for the remaining six months), to get him out of the door. I wouldn't be surprised for him to end up on loan somewhere in League One for the rest of the season on that basis (e.g. Doncaster where he was before).

Longer term he'll almost certainly be looking for something in the South as it was widely reported when he signed here that there was other interest but he was eager to relocate (from Doncaster) to the South as his partner's family were based fairly locally (Brighton way, as I recall). Of course, things might have changed, but suspect not.

sign of the chimes

Can't believe anybody in our league could afford his wages. Then again, football is a crazy industry!
I'd be very surprised if he was able to command more than 50% of what he's allegedly earning with us for his next contract. Firstly he's been bang average for the last two-and-a-half years; secondly, I think we'll see a bit of an adjustment down overall at the top of each division.

Red Devon

Salford City being linked also I see.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be very surprised if he was able to command more than 50% of what he's allegedly earning with us for his next contract. Firstly he's been bang average for the last two-and-a-half years; secondly, I think we'll see a bit of an adjustment down overall at the top of each division.
I hear Pompey have been following MJ for a while - potential player exchange ?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
No chance would we bag Marquis. I know he’s had a poor time at Pompey but surely another L1 club would take him…

If we get a striker, I suspect it will be a young forward from a Prem or Championship academy towards the end of the window.