• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Reid to Torquay.

Legohead

Banned
I find it really strange how clubs, especially lower league clubs are signing players when they still have no idea when next season will start or when fans will be able to attend again. Personally, if i was a club owner i'd be signing nobody until these details are confirmed.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I find it really strange how clubs, especially lower league clubs are signing players when they still have no idea when next season will start or when fans will be able to attend again. Personally, if i was a club owner i'd be signing nobody until these details are confirmed.
"Lord and Lady" Radford seem set to continue being profligate with their cash. I guess that Mansfield will be strenuously opposing any introduction of a "salary cap" ! :p

Ashford Grecian

Good enough for Mansfield but not City. Still can't understand why we let him go. Would rate him above our current crop of strikers

Legohead

Banned
Good enough for Mansfield but not City. Still can't understand why we let him go. Would rate him above our current crop of strikers
If you look at the recent history of Mansfield. They have a proven track record of spending money on players who arrive full of promise but end up being rubbish. They just continue to chuck money at the problem instead of simply trying to address the problem in a sensible way. Reid will probably be back at Torquay in a couple of seasons.

Grecian2K

"Lord and Lady" Radford seem set to continue being profligate with their cash. I guess that Mansfield will be strenuously opposing any introduction of a "salary cap" ! :p
They clearly would prefer to operate under a "Salford-y cap"
Still, please remind me again. How did free-spending Mansfield & Salford get on in the playoffs??

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair, when we let him go we had Watkins, Reid, Wheeler etc. Perhaps it was short sighted of us but he needed that move away to get regular games to show what he’s about. Will be interesting to see how he does.

andrew p long

and Radford has form for using other people’s money when he doesn’t have enough of his own...

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was never quite good enough for us. His long term pelvic injury/illness didn't help and when he played he gave 100% and showed decent pace and power but lacked skill, finesse, and a calmness that strikers require.

Rosencrantz

Jamie needed to go away and find his game which he eventually did under Gary Johnson. Now he has a second go at league football and deserves it.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jamie needed to go away and find his game which he eventually did under Gary Johnson. Now he has a second go at league football and deserves it.
Agreed. It wasnt right for him to stay at City at the time, at that age he needed first team football and that wasnt going to happen regularly enough.

Plenty of other examples of this happening with other players too. For example Manny Oyeleke, you could see there was a bit of a player there but not enough to force into the first team, drops down to the conference to get first team games and then finally makes it back to the league with Port Vale where he is seemingly their first name on the team sheet.