• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton

HarryECFC

Sorry for going against the grain, the man may have been great in days of old, but he's not Ryan Giggs, you cannot keep reproducing at league 2 std at that age.....
But he has, and if he's got a good setup like with us or cheltenham he just bangs them in.

Saint James

Sorry for going against the grain, the man may have been great in days of old, but he's not Ryan Giggs, you cannot keep reproducing at league 2 std at that age.....
That was said of course before even his first spell with us. As an old man he was leading scorer for us both times. The difference now is how much in wages he is able to command which at 38 would be a lot less than four years previously. All academic now of course and I for one wish him well at a nice club like Dagenham.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was said of course before even his first spell with us. As an old man he was leading scorer for us both times. The difference now is how much in wages he is able to command which at 38 would be a lot less than four years previously. All academic now of course and I for one wish him well at a nice club like Dagenham.
I certainly wish him all the best as well

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Hopefully he will fail to score against us, and fill his boots against argyle.

Antony Moxey

Remind me how many JOF scored?! Great decision in hindsight.
And, post Christmas in his final season here, how many did Cureton score?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
And, post Christmas in his final season here, how many did Cureton score?
Six in eighteen appearances, of which one was on Boxing Day so you could say five.

Antony Moxey

Six in eighteen appearances, of which one was on Boxing Day so you could say five.
Yet before Christmas he couldn't stop scoring. Personally I found it quite alarming the way the goals seemed to dry up and in the end was pleased he didn't have his contract renewed.

wemissmoxey

For most strikers 6 in 18 is reasonable enough yet that was supposedly Cureton's bad spell.

I'd take his bad spells over most other strikers good spells most days of the week.

Cureton is still streets ahead of any striker we currently have / are likely to sign.

Last edited:

Langer

Bet he scores more than our top scorer I had the same bet last season or the one before on here and won :)

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
For most strikers 6 in 18 is reasonable enough yet that was supposedly Cureton's bad spell.

I'd take his bad spells over most other strikers good spells most days of the week.

Cureton is still streets ahead of any striker we currently have / are likely to sign.
JC, would, in my opinion, would have been worthy of another season with us.