• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
His movement & brain are too good for most league 2 defenders...

Langer

Absolutely spot on, whether we signed him or not, our biggest issue at present isn't lack of goals its the complete lack of creativity
I would hope the instuction would be to deliver the ball earlyer and more over the top balls if he was playing for us.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't dispute for a second we could well do with a Jamie Cureton right now.

However, we could equally well do with a Wayne Rooney or Diego Costa. The reality, of course, is that we're never gonna get one and I don't suppose the situation apropos Cureton was all that different.

As I recall, even when Jamie was with us his family was based in Essex and, having got married again in the last 12 months, I don't suppose the attraction of playing for a club 200-odd miles away would have been all that great.

“My wife is from Essex and has a good business that she runs. Hopefully we’ll settle up here and I can set roots out for a change,” said Cureton in a recent piece in The Guardian.

wemissmoxey

Don't dispute for a second we could well do with a Jamie Cureton right now.

However, we could equally well do with a Wayne Rooney or Diego Costa. The reality, of course, is that we're never gonna get one and I don't suppose the situation apropos Cureton was all that different.

As I recall, even when Jamie was with us his family was based in Essex and, having got married again in the last 12 months, I don't suppose the attraction of playing for a club 200-odd miles away would have been all that great.

“My wife is from Essex and has a good business that she runs. Hopefully we’ll settle up here and I can set roots out for a change,” said Cureton in a recent piece in The Guardian.
He's hardly going to say Dagenham is a $h1t hole and I wish I was plying my trade elsewhere, is he, also your comments about Costa and Rooney are pointless.

He was being linked with Torquay pre season however they didn't offer him anything, same with Bristol Rovers, I think he was pretty keen to go back there however again they didn't offer him anything, I don't think Dagenham were his first choice.

At the end of the day the guy still scores goals, I would much rather have had him this season (and last) than the likes of Oakley, Butterfield, Davies, Coles, O'Flynn, Parkin etc etc, Tisdale decided to use his money elsewhere, that is the crux of the matter.

It goes without saying that I would have been keen to get Cureton down here again, as long as he is scoring goals and fit he is worth having around, he is the only player who has scored goals regularly for us since we returned to the football league, that speaks volumes.

Last edited:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was being linked with Torquay pre season however they didn't offer him anything, same with Bristol Rovers, I think he was pretty keen to go back there however again they didn't offer him anything, I don't think Dagenham were his first choice.
Reading between a few lines of the following story, it seems to me Curo was only going to return to the Westcountry, with Cheltenham or whoever, if he could come to some kind of arrangement with the manager that he could spend a good bit of time in Essex.

wemissmoxey

Reading between a few lines of the following story, it seems to me Curo was only going to return to the Westcountry, with Cheltenham or whoever, if he could come to some kind of arrangement with the manager that he could spend a good bit of time in Essex.
Of course that is possible however we don't know the ins and outs on that one.

Matt Oakley is a player who doesn't train full time with us, I'm led to believe he is regularly away with other commitments.

It depends on the player and how valuable you think they are, I would probably have a bit of flexibility for someone like Cureton as he wins you games, I wouldn't have the same flexibility for someone like Oakley as I don't think he brings enough to the table, obviously Tisdale disagrees.

Last edited:

older-codger

I suspect that Cureton was a casualty of what I consider to be an over-analytical approach to the game. Apparently a detailed analysis of his game in his last season with us indicated that, from Christmas on, he was needing an extra touch in the penalty box - hence why his goals dried up in the second half of the season. Personally, as I have said before, I think Tisdale analyses too much and needs to revert to basics.

wemissmoxey

I suspect that Cureton was a casualty of what I consider to be an over-analytical approach to the game. Apparently a detailed analysis of his game in his last season with us indicated that, from Christmas on, he was needing an extra touch in the penalty box - hence why his goals dried up in the second half of the season. Personally, as I have said before, I think Tisdale analyses too much and needs to revert to basics.
Jamie Cureton:

Played 42 games during the 2012-13 season and his 21 goals saw him finish second in the League Two scoring list, behind Port Vale's Tom Pope.

Scoring goals doesn't seem to be an important aspect of football these days for ECFC.

Things at ECFC are just so bizarre these days.

FAN-TATIC

I have been told by a current City player that he met Cureton pre-season and asked him if he would come back to City if he was asked to. He told me that Cureton did not hesitate in saying that he would.