• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton or John O'Flynn?

milts

Why oh why did we offer O'Flynn a contract and make no effort to keep Cureton? Or if Cureton wouldn't accept O'Flynn's contract attempt to sign another striker?

O'Flynn is bloody awful and has been for the majority of his time here. What does he offer us? And working hard isn't an attribute. I could play up front and work hard!

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
O'Flynn is a decent striker if he is played in his best position, i.e. on the shoulder of the last man and looking to get in behind, unfortunately we often play him out wide or too deep, his fitness obviously does him no favours either.

Cureton is a class act though and in my opinion we should have done far more to try and keep him.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

I'd ather see Reid or Nicholls given a chance. O'Flynn offers nothing at the moment.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
All this because he missed one chance. Wow. Like missy's said he's a decent striker.

Got to love our fans(y)

Well-known Exeweb poster
'Working hard' is an attribute add that to that he can finish aka Northampton, offline is more than a useful player to have, but he really needs to work really really hard on his pace. And regarding him or curo I don't think it ever came down to either or, i'de take a flying guess that curaton was dead in the water with pt from the minute he declared himself 'unfit' that time was it against the wombles ?

Grecian Max

Cureton was bound to break sooner or later, o Flynn is decent, lay off him

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Was under the impression they'd both scored the same this season ...

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
O'flynn isnt decent, he's pretty much complete sh!te however I don't see how we could have kept hold of Cureton because we simply cannot pay anywhere near as much as the likes of Cheltenham and Orient. Curo's a mercenary player living on short term contracts, he will go where the cash is. I personally have no problem with that, he's a professional footballer and he's got to make hay while the sun shines.

That said, I would have liked to see the cheese release O'flynn an try to find somebody new in the last window. We need a 10+ goals a season striker and JOF just ain't that. The season where he scored 15 or so in L2 with Barnet was mainly because half his goals that year were penalties. He's never been a prolific striker in the same vein as Cureton.... Few are to be fair though.

It makes me laugh when people say JOF should be played off the shoulder of the last man, what!?!?! Have you ever see him get into a 1-on-1 situation?? Laughable!! I'm pretty sure Danny Coles could do a better job of rounding a keeper.

arthur

All this because he missed one chance. Wow. Like missy's said he's a decent striker.
Didn't Cureton miss some notable one on ones last season? Can't remember a lynch mob being assembled on those occasions

grecIAN Harris

Why oh why did we offer O'Flynn a contract and make no effort to keep Cureton? Or if Cureton wouldn't accept O'Flynn's contract attempt to sign another striker?

O'Flynn is bloody awful and has been for the majority of his time here. What does he offer us? And working hard isn't an attribute. I could play up front and work hard!
Why not? It was perfectly acceptable for Stanno and Jamie Mackie.

007, you can't work on your pace. Either you've got it or you haven't. It's just something you're naturally blessed with.

Last edited: