• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Scott signs

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hard for a striker who hasn't played regularly, to get into the Grove of our team. That coupled with coming on in a game where we are behind, against a side that can park the bus too. He needs game time to show what he can do. Bit part appearances will always be hard to properly judge.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hard for a striker who hasn't played regularly, to get into the Grove of our team. That coupled with coming on in a game where we are behind, against a side that can park the bus too. He needs game time to show what he can do. Bit part appearances will always be hard to properly judge.
Before anyone says, I know he can on when we were level, but I font hold him responsible for conceding from a corner.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Agree with you here Martin. He hasn't showed much as of yet, but hopefully after a good pre-season we will get to see what he can do and why Hull City paid a million for him.
GC hasn't gotten much wrong with his signings so I'm willing to wait until next season to see what he can offer.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with you here Martin. He hasn't showed much as of yet, but hopefully after a good pre-season we will get to see what he can do and why Hull City paid a million for him.
GC hasn't gotten much wrong with his signings so I'm willing to wait until next season to see what he can offer.
Agreed Ben. In truth, he was marginally better than Nombe, who had one of his worse games for us in ages. I wonder how much the penalty miss affected him?

Cowshed Grecian

The lad is only 22..Most of our academy boys are still on loan at Tiverton Town at that age…Give him a chance!

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Agreed Ben. In truth, he was marginally better than Nombe, who had one of his worse games for us in ages. I wonder how much the penalty miss affected him?
Agreed. I said earlier on the matchday thread that I was disappointed with how Nombe responded today after his penalty miss. Probably his poorest game of the season.

Cheltenham's 2nd goal was a killer which totally changed the moomentum. Ground gave away a cheap corner where he could have easily put it out for a throw, then a free header in the box, and I think Jamal will be very disappointed that he didn't save it as well. Until that moment I thought we were excellent in the 2nd half.

Really frustrated that we lost, but unlike some, I see a real identity in how we are playing and think we played some excellent football as well. Hartridge was a big loss today defensively!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. I said earlier on the matchday thread that I was disappointed with how Nombe responded today after his penalty miss. Probably his poorest game of the season.

Cheltenham's 2nd goal was a killer which totally changed the moomentum. Ground gave away a cheap corner where he could have easily put it out for a throw, then a free header in the box, and I think Jamal will be very disappointed that he didn't save it as well. Until that moment I thought we were excellent in the 2nd half.

Really frustrated that we lost, but unlike some, I see a real identity in how we are playing and think we played some excellent football as well. Hartridge was a big loss today defensively!
Agreed. We had a decent identity in the second half, and looked likely to go on to win after the equaliser. I don't think the "pyro" stoppage helped us. If we didn't give away that soft 2nd,I think we were set to win (Cheltenham fans I spoke to agreed).

All in all, a frustrating day. That said, plenty to build on. All the hysteria on social media post match is funny.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hard for a striker who hasn't played regularly, to get into the Grove of our team.
You are "Madge" and I claim my five quid ! 😎
However I do completely agree with the point which you are making.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too early to judge, he's young and deserves time and like any player would need a run in the team to get to their best.

However, if you put a gun to my head and asked me to say whether he's up to it or not I'd say no.

Squeezebox

which is what the commentators were saying yesterday - probably signed with next season in mind so he can get a full pre-season and come out fighting fit!