• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

James Scott signs

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whither Stanno? Fulham are unlikely to be impressed
With the 5 subs rule it makes perfect sense to have 4 strikers and means we have an alternative to Sam so that he doesn't have to play every minutes of every game. Also, this is a long-term signing and James has a few months to settle in and be ready to be the main man next season when all our other first-team strikers leave.

Ex-ciderrr

Admittedly not seen Scott play before or know much about him, but obviously has links having worked under GC before. The forward thinking and planning of the deal from Caldwell has impressed me, though what with Stanno returning to Fulham, Jev out of contract at the mo in the summer, Nombe yes under contract still but we all know will be subject to moves higher up the ladder. We Could possibly be left with just Sonny Cox at some stage in the summer should Jev and Sam addition to Stanno depart. It’s a great chance for Scott to get to settle in and be ready for next season to kick on and hopefully make us some money! That’s not to say he won’t do well this season for us and now i believe he’s a part to play as much as anyone else but GC planning with this I do like, a lot. (y)

milts

Admittedly he hasn’t had many minutes but from what I’ve seen so far, Scott looks to be the poorest of the January signings.

Not sure what his attributes are?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Admittedly he hasn’t had many minutes but from what I’ve seen so far, Scott looks to be the poorest of the January signings.

I'm not sure he knows either

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster

I'm not sure we'll get to see until he actually starts a few games.

I'm not sure we'll get to see until he actually starts a few games.
Why wait? Just make up your mind now and pile on in.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
We won't know enough about Scott until we see him play for us for a reasonable amount of time. But thus far, he has not either been trusted, fit enough or good enough (Insert whatever reason you like) to be threatening our main strikers.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
We won't know enough about Scott until we see him play for us for a reasonable amount of time. But thus far, he has not either been trusted, fit enough or good enough (Insert whatever reason you like) to be threatening our main strikers.
Imagine your uproar if he replaced Stanno or Nombe in the starting line up. 🤣

He isn’t starting any games soon, but his hold up play last week, was excellent. I think he’s more old school though, and nowhere near as mobile as Sam (or Zanzala last season), so I’m not sure he fits the style we play.

tom_ecfc

He isn’t starting any games soon, but his hold up play last week, was excellent. I think he’s more old school though, and nowhere near as mobile as Sam (or Zanzala last season), so I’m not sure he fits the style we play.
Oh god, Zanzala. Remember when some fans wanted him to be signed up for this season, no thanks!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

No Uproar from me if he is started, but he then needs to show the fanbase he is worthy of that start.

Agree with the rest of your comments.