• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jake Taylor

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
In what world would Taylor get booed 😆

Wheeler got booed along with JMT as they'd run off with Tisdale's acolytes to play for MK and all they stand for.... it was a fiery game and needed a fiery atmosphere. No doubt it put them off. Wheeler also spent a fair amount of time commenting on his own principles in his column yet jumped at the chance for $$ at the most corporate of clubs. He probably didn't deserve abuse but it was part of a whole.

If Tis came back with FGR, it's 3/4 years on, he'd get banter but everyone's moved on now. Jake Taylor would get one of those polite applause.

All of this has happened time and time again in SJP since I've been going, it's nothing new.
I recognise some may think I'm clutching at straws here but I reckon there's a bit of difference between going to MK Dons on loan, when you can't get a game at QPR, and signing for the club.

For sure, DW didn't go to MK Dons for the money [QPR would still have been paying his wages] but, I presume, because he wanted to play football. What's more, you can't really blame him for choosing to go on loan to a club managed by the man who'd plucked him from the obscurity of non-league football and nurtured his career.

Notwithstanding the above, if he'd stayed at QPR bagging 10k a week without kicking a ball he'd have got pelters for that too.

ExmouthMart

Surely Jake Taylor must have something concrete lined up to turn our new contract offer down. I wouldn’t have thought he’s banked that much money playing for us so it’s a bit of a risk to just jump ship and hope something turns up when you have a young Family to support.
If he is linking up with Tisdale again, maybe Sweeney will join them as well. Probably wouldn’t be the worse outcome for us or him. Looking like next season is really going to be different.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d give Jake a rousing reception rather than polite applause. He’d deserve it.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d give Jake a rousing reception rather than polite applause. He’d deserve it.
I won't give him neither applause or abuse. I'll never give an opposition player a rousing reception.

He was a great servant for us but next time we see him he'll be doing everything he can to beat us, not something I'll be cheering on.

elginCity

I won't give him neither applause or abuse. I'll never give an opposition player a rousing reception.

He was a great servant for us but next time we see him he'll be doing everything he can to beat us, not something I'll be cheering on.
That's a real shame, Jake should get the reception he's earned.

fred binneys head

I’m only on about when he first comes out onto the pitch, during the game I’ll be screaming abuse at the little ginger tw@t. That’s the rules.

IndoMike

Can"t see any harm in giving Jake T a round of applause. Better to soften him up than rile him and, anyway, he gave us the best years of his career. Shows a bit of class from our fans.
PS. MK Dons was a bit of a different scenario, however ..

ryancooper327

Signs for Stevenage...

ryancooper327

Grecian_Matt

WOW, he is better than Stevenage.