• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jake Taylor

ExmouthMart

FGR and Tisdale seems like the perfect fit for many reasons
If Dale Vince gave him a 5 year contract like Mark Cooper you could see him taking that. Would still be under pressure though but on paper a perfect fit and JMT there already!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that bristol Rovers before, during and after his tenure has shown that Bristol Rovers were/are a basket case and he will be largely exonerated wouldn't surprise me to see him at FGR. So the question is would you boo Jake if he played for them? David Wheeler was a fans favourite but he got booed playing for Tisdale.
I think Wheeler was booed for a combination of reasons including that it was FC Franchise, and the rather meaty tackle that he made early in the game. As for Taylor I think it would be different, although in the highly unlikely event that he rocked up at Argyle, maybe that would change things !

Rosencrantz

I think Wheeler was booed for a combination of reasons including that it was FC Franchise, and the rather meaty tackle that he made early in the game. As for Taylor I think it would be different, although in the highly unlikely event that he rocked up at Argyle, maybe that would change things !
Jake isn't shy about leaving a foot in and MK would be local for him 😉

AndrewP

If Dale Vince gave him a 5 year contract like Mark Cooper you could see him taking that. Would still be under pressure though but on paper a perfect fit and JMT there already!
Close to home too, and a stadium redeveloment in the near future (something he wasn't here to see at ours. ;-) )..

Ash

Pig of a journey from Berkshire and means playing for Evans. Oxford would be better!
Yeah that's a 2 hour drive for sure. Only 40 minutes closer than if he stayed here.

Ash

I think that bristol Rovers before, during and after his tenure has shown that Bristol Rovers were/are a basket case and he will be largely exonerated wouldn't surprise me to see him at FGR. So the question is would you boo Jake if he played for them? David Wheeler was a fans favourite but he got booed playing for Tisdale.
Just because he signed for a team managed by Tis? No way. I might boo Tis but certainly not Jake.

Grecian Max

In what world would Taylor get booed 😆

Wheeler got booed along with JMT as they'd run off with Tisdale's acolytes to play for MK and all they stand for.... it was a fiery game and needed a fiery atmosphere. No doubt it put them off. Wheeler also spent a fair amount of time commenting on his own principles in his column yet jumped at the chance for $$ at the most corporate of clubs. He probably didn't deserve abuse but it was part of a whole.

If Tis came back with FGR, it's 3/4 years on, he'd get banter but everyone's moved on now. Jake Taylor would get one of those polite applause.

All of this has happened time and time again in SJP since I've been going, it's nothing new.

Grecian Max

RE: Taylor good bloke, some great goals, works really hard - gave his all for City and I believe his affinity with the club.

However he is also a fairly limited player in a position where I'd be demanding much more, particularly in vision and passing ability. A good time to move on for both parties I think.

rooecfc

RE: Taylor good bloke, some great goals, works really hard - gave his all for City and I believe his affinity with the club.

However he is also a fairly limited player in a position where I'd be demanding much more, particularly in vision and passing ability. A good time to move on for both parties I think.
perfect summary, if he was a better passer he would easily have had a career in the championship

In what world would Taylor get booed 😆

Wheeler got booed along with JMT as they'd run off with Tisdale's acolytes to play for MK and all they stand for.... it was a fiery game and needed a fiery atmosphere. No doubt it put them off. Wheeler also spent a fair amount of time commenting on his own principles in his column yet jumped at the chance for $$ at the most corporate of clubs. He probably didn't deserve abuse but it was part of a whole.

If Tis came back with FGR, it's 3/4 years on, he'd get banter but everyone's moved on now. Jake Taylor would get one of those polite applause.

All of this has happened time and time again in SJP since I've been going, it's nothing new.
Agree with your general point, but I'm not sure this demonstrates a close reading of WoW!