• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Veale

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Off on loan to Taunton Town

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lucky Taunton I reckon.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've always been impressed by what i've seen from Jack. He plays with a maturity beyond his years.

jimbo-gould

Look forward to seeing how well he does. Always seems on the scoresheet for the youth. Hopefully he can step up to the physicality of men’s football.

andrew p long

well that puts paid to my prediction/thought that he might be on the bench for City at Orient tomorrow!

Presumably that means good news on the first team CM front (if Dieng were out long term as well as Collins and we had no signings lined up, then Veale would be not that far away from the first team 18)

Can't find details of his age on the club website, but other indications are that he's 18, turning 19 in October. That would be young to make a success at Taunton's level, but one that he seems ready for. High hopes for this move, though it may be a slow burn in the early weeks.

Rosencrantz

well that puts paid to my prediction/thought that he might be on the bench for City at Orient tomorrow!

Presumably that means good news on the first team CM front (if Dieng were out long term as well as Collins and we had no signings lined up, then Veale would be not that far away from the first team 18)

Can't find details of his age on the club website, but other indications are that he's 18, turning 19 in October. That would be young to make a success at Taunton's level, but one that he seems ready for. High hopes for this move, though it may be a slow burn in the early weeks.
Ellis Johnson who is also a first year pro has gone on loan to Truro which is the same level at Southern League Premier (South). I think we generally look to get our first year pro's out playing at that level although Jack Arthur is at Bideford who is a division down in SL Div 1 (South).

With Taunton, Truro, Tiverton, Weston and Dorchester in the SL Prem and Bideford, Barnstaple, Willand and Plymouth Parkway in SL Div 1 we have a good amount of local teams to send our kids out to experience men's football at a very competitive level and they will still be available for the EFL Trophy games.

Grecian2K

Born 1st October 2002 according to various sources on t'interweb (and, more importantly, FM2020!)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Born 1st October 2002 according to various sources on t'interweb (and, more importantly, FM2020!)
Shares a birthday with me then. And David Pleat. Good chap.

Rosencrantz

andrew p long

Lucky Taunton I reckon.
Already looking that way. After Saturday (scoring debut in 4-1 away win as a 42nd minute sub) started on Tuesday, played 57 minutes in a 2-1 win.

Taunton now joint top of their table with two wins out of two. Jack bedding in to their side