• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Stacey

Jammers20

Signs for Luton.. shame we couldn't get a deal done for him, really hope Tis has some names lined up.. frustrating start to the transfer window as always.

denzil

Kcuf, kcuf, kcuf, kcuf, kcuf, kcvuf, kcuf, kcuf, kcuf !!!!

and there was me hoping this one had legs (swear)

MerleyRed

Far more disappointed with this than the news that Grant has moved down the road.

ecfc2000

damn shame this. Would like to know how much Luton paid for his services and whether it was within our means to put a package together ourselves.

Legohead

Banned
Enjoyed seeing him this season and capped off with that injury time strike against Carlisle. Shame he couldn't return with us, if we had got promoted then he maybe would have. Luton though.......................(worry)

Depressing place but he'll be on a few quid, won't live in the town and they will get automatic next season IMO so it's all good for him I reckon.

Best of luck Jack.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Far more disappointed with this than the news that Grant has moved down the road.
Absolutely. I'm gutted we didn't sign Stacey. I wonder if we offered anything. You got the feeling he liked it here and I'm guessing we didn't put anything together otherwise I think he'd have signed.

I hope Tisdale has some signings up his sleeve!

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not difficult to imagine that Luton could offer twice as much as us and a loan player is far more difficult to tie down than someone already on the books. Remember this is was a player signed to a high end Championship club, not us, so playing at a higher level than League Two would have also been important to him. I'm sure that the manager would have tried his utmost to get him but losing him right now isn't the best news.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not difficult to imagine that Luton could offer twice as much as us
Why ?

Anyway sad to see Stacey sign for someone else as I thought he was excellent when given the opportunity, why he barely kicked a ball towards the back end of last season is beyond me and maybe this played a big part in his decision to sign for another club, I think he will do very well at Luton.

He was certainly one of Tisdale's better loan signings.

We need to get another pacey wing back / full back in as Sweeney is not the answer.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It'us, so playing at a higher level than League Two would have also been important to him. I'mws.
I have to point out in my defence that somehwere in my sun-fried brain Luton has been promoted when I wrote this.