• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done Jack, good news, he's proved himself in the early season then! Never reaaly appreciated how good at interviewing he is, quite eloquent

Shame about the other one at the moment in a make or break season! Let's hope that Notts County have a sieve of a defence for the lads confidence (still don't think he is going to make it, but here to be proved wrong)

Last edited:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Started this season much stronger than he finished last...hopefully this new contract will encourage him to really kick on once he’s returned to full fitness.

fred binneys head

I’m pleased about that, I’ve loved Jack since he clapped me and two other City fans after the U18s game against Nottingham Forest at Alfreton a few years back. I wish he had a bit more pace over 10 yards, but I’ll back him 100% anyway.

Memphis09

I’m pleased about that, I’ve loved Jack since he clapped me and two other City fans after the U18s game against Nottingham Forest at Alfreton a few years back. I wish he had a bit more pace over 10 yards, but I’ll back him 100% anyway.
He was having a good season a couple of years ago when injured against Newport and started this season well
Think he has earned the contract by all the hard work put in pre season
Pleased for him

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Nicky Cadden at Forest Green, who has just been voted League 2 player of the month, is a player Jack can look to for inspiration. From what I've seen Cadden is also someone who doesn't have electric pace and isn't an outstanding dribbler of the ball but has built his game on being a brilliant, incisive passer and crosser of the ball; I think he is also very good at free kicks and corners.

sign of the chimes

I think Nicky Cadden at Forest Green, who has just been voted League 2 player of the month, is a player Jack can look to for inspiration. From what I've seen Cadden is also someone who doesn't have electric pace and isn't an outstanding dribbler of the ball but has built his game on being a brilliant, incisive passer and crosser of the ball; I think he is also very good at free kicks and corners.
I've seen Cadden a few times and he is a lovely player to watch; seems like a bit of a throwback - I suspect he could play higher than L2 in the right set-up.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've seen Cadden a few times and he is a lovely player to watch; seems like a bit of a throwback - I suspect he could play higher than L2 in the right set-up.
I think quite a few of Forest Green's players could play at a higher level if they weren't being seduced by the high wages they are being paid.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure which of the half dozen Jack Sparkes threads to put this on.....

I know diddly squat about athletics but I was wondering if there is any sprint training available to make him quicker. I'm confident that the coaches know that this aspect of his game could be improved and are all over it but my question is, can he be trained to be faster?

elginCity

Sprinters improve their PB with training, no reason why not !