• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sparkes has plenty of ability and a great left peg however it often looks like he is dragging a caravan down the left wing.

He needs to sharpen his game up.

Taylor needs to stop playing him as a left back / wing back, it isn't helping him.

Grecianpasty

Sparkes' inconsistencies with his leg peg are infuriating. Especially as we know how good it can be.

I'm not the biggest Willmott fan, but taking him off when his delivery had been great the moment that Fisher came on was a poor tactical error from MT.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not the biggest Willmott fan, but taking him off when his delivery had been great the moment that Fisher came on was a poor tactical error from MT.
Yes, seemed a very strange move, seemed so obviously the wrong thing to do.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do worry about his lack of pace since his injury though. You don’t generally get quicker the older you get.
Not so sure Fred, up to a point of course. Linford Christie ran his last 100m PB at the age of 33. I reckon Jack has plenty of time and scope to improve his speed.

geoffwp

Sparkes' inconsistencies with his leg peg are infuriating. Especially as we know how good it can be.

In your opinion, which no doubt like everyone else on exeweb is from an amateur standpoint, or maybe semi pro at best.

geoffwp

I think you've been on the chuckle juice PC old feller. 😄

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you've been on the chuckle juice PC old feller. 😄
It's good stuff Geoff. 🥃

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not so sure Fred, up to a point of course. Linford Christie ran his last 100m PB at the age of 33. I reckon Jack has plenty of time and scope to improve his speed.
Geoff, what on earth has Linford Christie running a personal best at 33 got to do with Jack Sparkes serious lack of pace?

geoffwp

Geoff, what on earth has Linford Christie running a personal best at 33 got to do with Jack Sparkes serious lack of pace?
Snoop, it actually was in response to something Fred wrote about not getting quicker the older you get. Up to a point of course he is correct but Christie and other athletes show that speed can be increased well beyond our Jack's tender age.

geoffwp

It's good stuff Geoff. 🥃
Nice one mate. A good ale or a good whisky is definitely needed after that season.