• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very disappointing appearance from Jack today. Delivery was terrible and he offered nothing whilst he was on the pitch. I’m sure he had high hopes for the season and he has been hugely disappointing for the vast majority.
Wouldn’t be sad to see him go at the end of the season although I suspect he’ll be retained.
Probably you’re right there.Would be a cheap backup option I guess but not much good if he couldn’t be relied on.We have to accept that great as our academy is there will be failures , Seymour being another case in point.Do we persevere with those two players or combine the wages to get one excellent one instead?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably you’re right there.Would be a cheap backup option I guess but not much good if he couldn’t be relied on.We have to accept that great as our academy is there will be failures , Seymour being another case in point.Do we persevere with those two players or combine the wages to get one excellent one instead?
Jack is a decent player but has been struggling for confidence of late. Did very well last season when he burst into the side but has struggled for consistent minutes, which has possibly affected him. Still think he will make it with us and is well worth another season. Keep the faith

Trapdoor

Sparkes has shown talent and ability in the past. He will come good again I think. Young players will often go through patches of poorer form, but once he gets his confidence back he will be a big asset.

Seymour on the other hand doesnt seem to have the ability to handle mens football yet. I think he needs a loan spell for a year at a conference side to develop.

milts

Sparkes has shown talent and ability in the past. He will come good again I think. Young players will often go through patches of poorer form, but once he gets his confidence back he will be a big asset.

Seymour on the other hand doesnt seem to have the ability to handle mens football yet. I think he needs a loan spell for a year at a conference side to develop.
Would a conference club want Seymour?

Sparkes has gone backwards. I’m sure he will be here next year so hopefully he can push on.

CC

I don't think Sparkes has been the same since his knee injury Christmas 2020. His 'zip' seems to have gone; he was never the quickest but could make a yard to get get a cross in. He appears to be struggling physically, and as he isn't defensively strong enough to play full back, but isn't quick enough to be a winger...

Red Devon

Jack Sparkes has a very very good left foot no doubt.....if only he wasn’t so slow!!!!

Rosencrantz

Jack never had out and out pace, but he did have a sharpness over five yards and was a powerful runner. He is better in an attacking position rather than left back. Young players can have a difficult season before kicking on again or they can plateau. Hopefully Jack can be the former rather than the latter because there is a very good player in there with a wonderful left foot.

Ian Tarr

Just to add a little more perspective, Jack is still only 20. Far too early to be writing him off.

fred binneys head

I do worry about his lack of pace since his injury though. You don’t generally get quicker the older you get.

tonykellowfan

We should be keeping Sparkes for next season for sure. He is a good prospect and has plenty of time to develop. Look at Jay for example.