• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Sparkes

CC

Jack is one of only 11 teenagers to have played more than 1 000 minutes in the league this season.
Pedant alert; isn't that 9?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
This provides food for thought for the academy lads and their dreams of future glory. An early move to the reserves of a bigger club against actual game time for us. Tough call.

Well done Sparkes.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This provides food for thought for the academy lads and their dreams of future glory. An early move to the reserves of a bigger club against actual game time for us. Tough call.

Well done Sparkes.
It’s also a reminder of how few players make a big impact when they’re 18 or 19 and that us fans need to be patient while we wait for players to be given an opportunity when they’re ready.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
And today showed exactly why he's playing so much at a relatively young age. Jack doesn't have Randell's eye-catching speed or trickery on the ball but I can't remember a City player with such good close control of the ball and his crossing and dead-ball striking are pretty damned good as well.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Put in a superb cross that was just too good for our strikers just before he went off.

IndoMike

He'll get picked up by a higher league club before long. Young, solid, English, left back, good crosser. What's not to like?

Red Devon

He'll get picked up by a higher league club before long. Young, solid, English, left back, good crosser. What's not to like?

Has a lot more than that Indo...Class!!

IndoMike

Has a lot more than that Indo...Class!!
Yep, with plenty of time to keep improving. If he keeps working hard he can go places

Stelios

If there are scouts looking at Randell there must have been a few who are now keeping tabs on Sparkes too. Looks like a proper player to me.

IndoMike

If there are scouts looking at Randell there must have been a few who are now keeping tabs on Sparkes too. Looks like a proper player to me.
I'd think Ward, Sparkes, Williams and Collins in addition to a couple more of our even younger ones might be on the radars of some clubs