• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Nowell

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Exeter-born Joe Launchbury MoM once again, although I'd have gone for Itoje.
When you consider Louis Picamoles was named MoM in the England match then the talismanic Sergio Parrisse or even Michele Campagnero could a be mentioned in the same breath as the Launch or Itoje.

Nice shot of Henry, Campo and Jack together on Jack Nowell (@Nowellsy15) Twitter

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice shot of Henry, Campo and Jack together on Jack Nowell (@Nowellsy15) Twitter

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Paul O'Connell has named Jack Nowell as one of the 4 English players in his, "My Lions XV from Championship Round Three."

He says of Nowell: "That was a great cameo off the bench on Sunday. When I watch him for England or Exeter I am always impressed with how he can step in at first receiver and play. He may not be the fastest but he has great energy and power that more than makes up for it."

Praise indeed from such a great Lions and Ireland captain.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could be time for a Lions thread .

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could be time for a Lions thread .
Best to hang fire til the 6 Nations is done and dusted.

However, I feel Jack will be the only Exeter player on the plane ... and then I imagine Warren Gatland will favour his Welsh wingers.

KWSGrecian

Best to hang fire til the 6 Nations is done and dusted.

However, I feel Jack will be the only Exeter player on the plane ... and then I imagine Warren Gatland will favour his Welsh wingers.
If he picks Cuthbert i swear to god...

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he picks Cuthbert i swear to god...
:) I imagine Cuthbert's goose is well and truly cooked.

In spite of his concussion problems I feel Gatland might still consider George North. Also, there's Leigh Halfpenny and Liam Williams, both who are capable of filling both the wing/full back slot.

I'm thinking that while the England contingent might possibly be smaller than that of the Irish, Jack should among them. I feel his dodging and darting while showing up where least expected might possibly throw even the All Blacks out of kilter.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd take Nowell as he's so quick at the breakdown as well as his other attributes and that's vital down under. I'd take Elliot Daly too but I agree that the squad will basically be made up of Irish and Welsh.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd take Nowell as he's so quick at the breakdown as well as his other attributes and that's vital down under. I'd take Elliot Daly too but I agree that the squad will basically be made up of Irish and Welsh.
Elliot Daly is a superb player Billy. Lots of fans are now calling for Anthony Watson to replace Mike Brown at fullback should he return to full fitness. Brown didn't exactly cover himself with glory against Italy. Incidentally, Brown appears unsettled at Quins because the lackluster season there might effect his England future. Also, according to Sunday's 'The Rugby Paper,' Exeter, Wasps and Leicester have spoken to Brown about signing for them next season. A wrong move as I think as his best days are behind him.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nowell back in the starting lineup for the Calcutta Cup on Saturday.