• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jack Arthur

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry to be negative about the lad (and without ever seeing him play) but I do fail see why he was given a professional contract. With Lee and Sowden both younger and above him in the pecking order. Hope to be proved wrong.
Two things. First my understanding is that Jack Arthur is ahead of Andrew Sowden in the pecking order.

Second that makes Jack Arthur second choice keeper of those who are (permanent) City players. It is very sensible to have more than one professionally contracted keeper, especially as things can change very quickly (example - when Jordan Storey emerged there were suddenly 3 centre backs for two places - Storey, JMT and Troy Brown. Then in the close season JMT signed for MKD, Storey was sold to Preston and Troy Brown was injured. From 3 first choice to centre backs to none without playing a game)

DawlishBouy

Barnstaple lost 0-6 yesterday but Arthur doesn't play.

jrg333

Two things. First my understanding is that Jack Arthur is ahead of Andrew Sowden in the pecking order.

Second that makes Jack Arthur second choice keeper of those who are (permanent) City players.
If we had to play a playoff final tomorrow (with C Dawson injured) I strongly suspect that Scott Brown would start in goal rather than Arthur, though, so I'm not sure he's really the 'number two'

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we had to play a playoff final tomorrow (with C Dawson injured) I strongly suspect that Scott Brown would start in goal rather than Arthur, though, so I'm not sure he's really the 'number two'
I think Andrew meant No 2 behind Harry Lee (contracted GK's). If Dawson is out, Harry Lee plays. If that happens I would expect Scott Brown to be on the bench this season as Jack is better off getting games on loan. Next season might be different though.

AmberRed

Barnstaple lost 0-6 yesterday but Arthur doesn't play.
He was on the team sheet as starting!

The deluder

Getting plenty of practice at Barny if he plays.

DawlishBouy

He was on the team sheet as starting!
Match report here says someone called Luke Joseph played in goal:

DawlishBouy

Match report is now up on Barnstaple's website and they say Arthur was in goal and, despite the scoreline, was man of the match.

Maxi08

Match report is now up on Barnstaple's website and they say Arthur was in goal and, despite the scoreline, was man of the match.

Maxi08

Should be way to good for that level but the exposure to men’s football will stand him in good stead for his long term pro career