• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Issues for The Trust Board to consider……

ExmouthMart

Are there any real issues for The Trust Board to consider or is everything fine in the corridors of power……

Matt Russell

I defer to i8cornwall.

i8cornwall

Cheers Matt 😂

Yes because I'm the only one with concerns on the trust, granted I'm probably one of the more vocal ones or actually one with realistic concerns.

Anyway I believe I've said these before but:

> Trust not empowering all members to make decisions or have a say via online votes, within reason. Even a questionnaire for all supporters to answer would help (I do have a feeling that this was done before so happy to be corrected on the questionnaire point). Basically the attitude of people having to ask them questions and raise concerns, why are they not being proactive and asking supporters what they think or want?

> If your elected your basically given free reign to do what ever and safe in the knowledge that you'll pretty much be re elected in three years time, when they'll suddenly re appear wanting your vote.... Or not as has been the case of this election. Id also say that it still smacks of a small pool of people that can realistically be elected, mostly with the same ideas, buzz words and toeing the party line, now that isn't the trust fault but is that something the trust could work on? I don't no but I'm sure there could be means and ways of it.

> the obsession of the past seemingly having to dictate our future and this growing thinking that "fan ownership great" "all private ownership is bad" when actually that really isn't the case. I'd also argue that as a fan I have the same amount of real say in what happens at city or have my ideas or concerns addressed as much as I do at Bolton e.g next to none.

Yes the trust does do some great things and I'll happily admit that so don't want this to come across as I'm just laying into them for the sake of it, I'm sure we all want the club and trust to be as successful as possible and as I have said elsewhere I applaud there efforts on the commercial side of the club, project 6K, there work with women's football and the want for us to be sustainably successful, I might not agree with what successful might look ike but that's life.

Anyway I'm just going to go and dig my tin hat out now in preparation for the onslaught I'm about to receive.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cheers Matt 😂

Yes because I'm the only one with concerns on the trust, granted I'm probably one of the more vocal ones or actually one with realistic concerns.

> Trust not empowering all members to make decisions or have a say via online votes, within reason. Even a questionnaire for all supporters to answer would help (I do have a feeling that this was done before so happy to be corrected on the questionnaire point). Basically the attitude of people having to ask them questions and raise concerns, why are they not being proactive and asking supporters what they think or want?

> If your elected your basically given free reign to do what ever and safe in the knowledge that you'll pretty much be re elected in three years time, when they'll suddenly re appear wanting your vote.... Or not as has been the case of this election. Id also say that it still smacks of a small pool of people that can realistically be elected, mostly with the same ideas, buzz words and toeing the party line, now that isn't the trust fault but is that something the trust could work on? I don't no but I'm sure there could be means and ways of it.

> the obsession of the past seemingly having to dictate our future and this growing thinking that "fan ownership great" "all private ownership is bad" when actually that really isn't the case. I'd also argue that as a fan I have the same amount of real say in what happens at city or have my ideas or concerns addressed as much as I do at Bolton e.g next to none.

Yes the trust does do some great things and I'll happily admit that so don't want this to come across as I'm just laying into them for the sake of it, I'm sure we all want the club and trust to be as successful as possible and as I have said elsewhere I applaud there efforts on the commercial side of the club, project 6K, there work with women's football and the want for us to be sustainably successful, I might not agree with what successful might look ike but that's life.

Anyway I'm just going to go and dig my tin hat out now in preparation for the onslaught I'm about to receive.
Why would you expect an onslaught? Perfectly genuine questions.

i8cornwall

Why would you expect an onslaught? Perfectly genuine questions.
I'm was joking but based on past experience on here you never can tell.

ExmouthMart

Cheers Matt 😂

Perhaps you could expand on what you mean by ’ toeing the party line ‘.

i8cornwall

Perhaps you could expand on what you mean by ’ toeing the party line ‘.
Ultimately people need to a certain degree say things that will get them elected, it is what it is in that regards.

But I was eluding to the "ethos" of the trust such as "sustainably" "academy" "community" etc etc

Now of course someone could run for election on a range of different issues or go against those ideas but I'd be surprised if that person was elected.

As I said that isn't really the trust's fault as they cant tell people what to say in there manifesto or tell people how to vote, but is there potentially Somthing they could do to help that situation where people could run on a different range of topics and stand a chance of being elected, I honestly don't no as it could effect the democratic nature of the trust but I'd be interested to hear there's and others views.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone else feel that the "Red Square Dweller" experience could be better especially when it's peeing down and the Trust Stand can not function etc ? Sweaty bollox in the FECRACE should have been sorted by now IMHO by opening windows at rear of FECRACE requested by FECRACE volunteers many moons ago. UTC

budegrecian

No onslaught from me, even if I don't agree with much of your post; we do need someone to sit at the back & lob stones into the pond to keep everyone challenged.

I've just voted, online, to elect 4 trustees. I remember answering a questionnaire, again online, as in fairness, you have alluded to. Yes, it would be good if we could all vote online for choice of shirts, etc but I can't get too worked up about this.​
Sorry, I don't buy this 'get elected & have free reign to do whatever & get re-elected in 3 years time. If that was the case we wouldn't have the fresh blood that has been elected over the last few years. There are 8 candidates standing this time around & those of us that are trust members have the option to vote anyway we wish. If some trustees get re-elected it might just possibily be that we think they're doing a decent job.​
Having been a supporter for well over 50 years, I admit to being one of those that has a fear of the past returning. I do think the current model is great. I also think that there are a lot of very poorly run clubs out there too. However there are some some cracking individuals that run their clubs fantastically well. I think there are many that think like me and not that many who genuinely believe ALL private ownership is bad. I know nothing about Bolton, but I don't believe that their fans could progress a motion giving notice to change the terms of the Manager's contract.​
One of the private owners that I have time for is Darragh McAnthony at Peterborough. He has a regular podcast on all things EFL. He talks about how it is incredibly difficult it is for clubs to survive as fans owned but highlights our Academy (No sueprise there). But on more than one occasion he has referred to City as being the best run football club in the EFL by a country mile, or words to that effect. So it's not just us in this insular pool that believe our club is doing it well, it appears to be accepted across the board.​
Could we do things better? Of course we could. There always has to be room for improvement, but, for me, life as an ardent City fan is pretty good at the moment & I put a lot of that down to the people that freely give their time & effort to run the Club.​

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
No onslaught from me, even if I don't agree with much of your post; we do need someone to sit at the back & lob stones into the pond to keep everyone challenged.

I've just voted, online, to elect 4 trustees. I remember answering a questionnaire, again online, as in fairness, you have alluded to. Yes, it would be good if we could all vote online for choice of shirts, etc but I can't get too worked up about this.​
Sorry, I don't buy this 'get elected & have free reign to do whatever & get re-elected in 3 years time. If that was the case we wouldn't have the fresh blood that has been elected over the last few years. There are 8 candidates standing this time around & those of us that are trust members have the option to vote anyway we wish. If some trustees get re-elected it might just possibily be that we think they're doing a decent job.​
Having been a supporter for well over 50 years, I admit to being one of those that has a fear of the past returning. I do think the current model is great. I also think that there are a lot of very poorly run clubs out there too. However there are some some cracking individuals that run their clubs fantastically well. I think there are many that think like me and not that many who genuinely believe ALL private ownership is bad. I know nothing about Bolton, but I don't believe that their fans could progress a motion giving notice to change the terms of the Manager's contract.​
One of the private owners that I have time for is Darragh McAnthony at Peterborough. He has a regular podcast on all things EFL. He talks about how it is incredibly difficult it is for clubs to survive as fans owned but highlights our Academy (No sueprise there). But on more than one occasion he has referred to City as being the best run football club in the EFL by a country mile, or words to that effect. So it's not just us in this insular pool that believe our club is doing it well, it appears to be accepted across the board.​
Could we do things better? Of course we could. There always has to be room for improvement, but, for me, life as an ardent City fan is pretty good at the moment & I put a lot of that down to the people that freely give their time & effort to run the Club.​
Bude Grecian - you wouldn't be a certain manager of a golf club in beautiful Bude would you ? UTC