• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Islamist Terrorists

Chuckles

So how would hanging prevent this happening again? If the perps who committed this hadn't murdered anyone previously how would you stop (so far in the eyes of the law) innocent people committing heinous crimes?
It's a difficult one Ant. I think we have made it easy for a crime like this to happen, stopping it is impossible unless you curtail certain human freedoms we now take for granted.

Willy Nilly

How has it been made any easier?

Willy Nilly

Sadly, it's always been easy to stab someone.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sadly, it's always been easy to stab someone.
..make that hacked to death and decapitated.

Antony Moxey

It's a difficult one Ant. I think we have made it easy for a crime like this to happen, stopping it is impossible unless you curtail certain human freedoms we now take for granted.
That's just it though isn't it? We hear so much about the 'nanny state' wanting to keep tabs on everything with CCTV everywhere as it, imagine it getting locked down further? It'd never be allowed to happen. Unfortunately there really is nothing you can do to stop nutters killing people, however I am concerned that in our capital city where you'd presume there to be more than one or two plod wandering about, it took 20 minutes before they arrived on the scene - that could well have been the difference between the guy surviving the attack or not.

Willy Nilly

That's very true. 20 minutes seems a long time.

The footage of this is crazy. It's like an episode of Black Mirror with people filming them, chatting with them and an old lady wandering past with a suitcase.

So strange.

angelic upstart

It's really strange. I found myself completely apathetic at the news of this murder. I am almost completely de-sensitised with this sort of thing. I was more irked that people were standing around watching and ****ing recording stuff on their phones and putting it on twitter.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The best wishes go to the friends and family of the soldier concerned. Its a truly shocking incident but at the moment its not been a confirmed terror attack(Its looking very likely though). But we must not use this to further slam part of our society who happen to be Muslim, black or whatever as this is a very small minority of a sick twisted group of individuals who in real terms are not affiliated to any religion bar there own sick twisted minds. Its a disgrace and the fact that anyone can think along the lines of this in a civilized society is far and away beyond my thinking or comprehension. But we must not use this to slam one part of society(I cannot re in force this enough). These individuals are sick and twisted individuals who deserve the worst things ever to happen to them. But they are that sick and twisted individuals.

I have seen a lot of things written that slam a part of our society that do not deserve blame a very small number of sick and twisted individuals. Its sick, horrific and disgraceful but we as a society must sit back and take stock rather than throw straight into the blame game. Its sick and twisted individuals who are to blame. No one else affiliated to any religion group or skin colour just sick and twisted individuals who deserve a world of pain to be thrown at them.

journeyman

Redvee is the antithesis of this kind of scumbag, he's got the same words, just without the action, without the black skin or the Muslim faith.

LOG

It was a completely horrendous yet bizarre incident which i don't think i can really understand or particularly want to.

The fact of the matter is that there's little stopping anyone from arming themselves with a couple of kitchen knives and murdering someone in the street, if they are that way inclined. In that respect, it's nigh on impossible to do anything to stop it from happening whereas a coordinated and more sophisticated terrorist attack is more likely to be foiled given that it requires planning. On balance, i prefer it that way because the alternative is some sort of police state where there is no individual freedom and all movements are monitored.

The way that one of the perps spoke calmly to the camera and neither made any attempt to leg it shows that they were quite happy to be taken down by the police, when they eventually arrived, in the name of the religion which they claim to represent. That is the part which i struggle with.