• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is this the most entertaining team we've seen?

older-codger

Seems like a sporting life wasted!
Then maybe you should find something else for your life while you still have the chance.

Topsham Boy

Certainly at the time I posed the question we were playing some fantastic stuff and up there with the best.

We're still on 51 goals, some 10 ahead of Cheltenham.

Perhaps the title should change to "Is this the most frustrating team we've seen?" ;)
No. Supporting City has always been frustrating....over 50 years!!!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
But we were such a good all round side with a prolific strike partnership we walked away with it with a home record rarely seen in the leagues.
The true fortress St James

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is this the most entertaining team? Depends on your timescale, we've never had a season long team which has been consistently entertaining. All you can ask for are moments of sheer quality and we have seen some this season, but sadly not recently. Just hope for this season our young team can bed in and make a fist of it next season. Not saying we're out of it though!

Grecianpasty

I am still excited by the potential of this team.

Key, Collins, Randall, Sparkes are all academy products who have shown they absolutely can play at a higher level and will be pivotal to our successes in the coming years.

With that said, MT will need to find a better balance of experience in his team next season, regardless of what league we are in. I would argue that our more senior players have been our biggest disappointment so far this year.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am still excited by the potential of this team.

Key, Collins, Randall, Sparkes are all academy products who have shown they absolutely can play at a higher level and will be pivotal to our successes in the coming years.

With that said, MT will need to find a better balance of experience in his team next season, regardless of what league we are in. I would argue that our more senior players have been our biggest disappointment so far this year.
Agreed. Big summer ahead and one that MT has to get right, whichever league we’re in. I can see another 6-8 players leaving.

IndoMike

Most teams, particularly in the lower reaches of the league, will come to our place and play like Walsall in anticipation of collecting a point. Doesn’t our manager and coaches understand this and plan tactics accordingly? We so rarely seem set up to attack and take the game to the opposition, last night being a classic example. Frankly, it was more likely that Walsall would nick the three points than us winning conclusively. Have spent more than 60 years now watching and encouraging this football team and have seen progress from continual re-elections to mid table division 4. Seems like a sporting life wasted!
"Have spent more than 60 years now watching and encouraging this football team and..."

That's your answer. When a football team gets into your blood you're done for : no escape. We moan and groan and criticise and have weekends spoiled, but still can't wait for the next match. It's like doing the lottery, there are small victories from time to time but you can only live in hope for the big one

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Much much better today.

Banksy

Much much better today.
Credit where it’s due , yes.

Grecian2K

Oh dear. Please don't Jinx it by bumping this thread. :oops: