• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is this the most entertaining team we've seen?

WXF

Yes! Been attending matches since the mid-90s. Who knew playing with three excellent wingers (Randall, Randell & Page) would work so well and usually compensate for relative defensive frailty.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’d say the Championship team was my favourite, although we also had some great entertainment under Alan Ball too. However, it has to be said that this current squad really is a delight to watch more often than not.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very possibly. One era that comes to mind was late in the 68-69 season, when we played some entertaining stuff, with David Pleat's lightning legs creating chances and on-loan Fred Binney scoring plenty. Could also have had something to do with somebody's Dad pitching up at SJP!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d say the Championship team was my favourite, although we also had some great entertainment under Alan Ball too. However, it has to be said that this current squad really is a delight to watch more often than not.
Agreed. Alan Ball didn’t place too much emphasis on defence and there were some entertaining matches under him. By contrast the late 90’s were so bad we didn’t score a single hat-trick between November 1993 and October 2003.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
We certainly look a great side going forward - very entertaining - some of the first touch football today was a delight
The Championship side probably still shades it for me at the moment they were a special team - but whose knows what this current crop will go on to achieve

Trapdoor

31 goals in the last 10 games. More than 3 goals per game on average is mind boggling.

Safe to say our XG statistics (expected goals) are looking pretty steller. It's partly because of the way we are dribbling in from the wings or running channels then playing square balls or cut backs in the box - this style leads to a very high shot to goal conversion rate.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Peter Fox put some entertaining outfits together.

jrg333

Most entertainment I've seen at SJP since we had Athena, Wacko Jacko and Uri G on the pitch.

That’s our best man for man 11 on the same pitch we’ve EVER had I think

i8cornwall

Probably yes, but the highs and lows are taking us on quite a roller-coaster ride.
Surly The roller-coaster ride city put us through is nothing new?

Have to agree with Max opening post, let’s hope it leads to something special come the end of the season, if not at least it’s a great entertainment watching our games.