• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

ex_user1234

Resigned
I've a brilliant plan, but its under wraps for now. All you have to know is that you have to believe. Also, you need to be prepared to be a bit less careful with your money. And all those who are skeptical are in a cult.

Alright mate.
It's some talent to be able to get so many things wrong in such a short paragraph. First, I said this is not the right time or place for me to talk about a blueprint for the future given the current economic crisis affecting my own business. Reasonable people respect and understand that. Second, I never said all you have to do is believe. I said belief is one of several factors in order to be successful. I stand by that as fear always limits potential. Third, I have argued consistently that the club should be MORE careful with its money. Hence why I pushed the furloughing of players so heavily on Exeweb and in person to both the Club and Trust chairmen. Fourth, I never said anyone who disagreed with me is in a cult. I said a small minority of the Trust think in a cult-like way. It's simply true. As for being sceptical, I wish everyone in life was. Scepticism shows an ability to critically think and use your own judgement. But you are not sceptical. You are cynical. And there is a big difference between the two.

Dannyred

If it involves Noel Edmonds, Chris Martin, Joss Stone, steak dinners or Dick (or is it Dom?) them i'm oot.
I can only think of one of them who is a city supporter who has offered to help.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can only think of one of them who is a city supporter who has offered to help.
I'm guessing it's the steak dinner.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
OK, so your idea is to not be scared and hope someone more clever thinks of a good idea and then does it.

Thanks.

Sounds like Ed Gallois might be your man. He says he's got a plan and says he's clever. Don't know what his plan is, like.
So Ed Branson, if you were so inclined, what ideas would you have for The Trust to try and make it's income work better for itself?

ex_user1234

Resigned
Now, who's deflecting? Clearly you haven't done anything of note for City, but you are willing to trash others who try and make a difference.

So, just to be clear, your first name is Matt or Matthew and your surname is Russell? And you are a Trust member?
:ROFLMAO: Matt Russell

What an odd response for someone who accuses others of lying or lack of transparency.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's some talent to be able to get so many things wrong in such a short paragraph. First, I said this is not the right time or place for me to talk about a blueprint for the future given the current economic crisis affecting my own business. Reasonable people respect and understand that. Second, I never said all you have to do is believe. I said belief is one of several factors in order to be successful. I stand by that as fear always limits potential. Third, I have argued consistently that the club should be MORE careful with its money. Hence why I pushed the furloughing of players so heavily on Exeweb and in person to both the Club and Trust chairmen. Fourth, I never said anyone who disagreed with me is in a cult. I said a small minority of the Trust think in a cult-like way. It's simply true. As for being sceptical, I wish everyone in life was. Scepticism shows an ability to critically think and use your own judgement. But you are not sceptical. You are cynical. And there is a big difference between the two.
Youve piped up on here, bandying the word cult around, talking of belief and ambition... If you've got a good idea, I'm all ears. If you're too busy to tell us, probsbly don't say you've got the answers and non believers are in a cult. Just wait till you've the time.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
So Ed Branson, if you were so inclined, what ideas would you have for The Trust to try and make it's income work better for itself?
I don't have any ideas, particularly. But I'm also not saying they're all doing it wrong. Put up or shut up, isn't it?

ex_user1234

Resigned
Youve piped up on here, bandying the word cult around, talking of belief and ambition... If you've got a good idea, I'm all ears. If you're too busy to tell us, probsbly don't say you've got the answers and non believers are in a cult. Just wait till you've the time.
Why are you so afraid of debate?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why are you so afraid of debate?
I'm not... You've had nothing to say, apart from belief, ambition, buzzwords... Details to follow when you're less busy. I'm interested to hear what you've got to say, if there's some content. If you've not got time now, thats fine. Bring it up when you have Ed.

ex_user1234

Resigned
I don't have any ideas, particularly. But I'm also not saying they're all doing it wrong. Put up or shut up, isn't it?
Correct. That's because cynics never have ideas. They just try and bring everyone else down to their level of misery. I have seen it many, many times.