• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

Dannyred

Put it to a vote and let's see.
What just a vote for Trust members?

I think that the trust membership hasn’t risen much shows it’s not working.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hants has very kindly posted 2 podcasts on the Home page. These podcasts consist of a lengthy and very interesting and revealing interview with Tisdale : one mainly about his playing career and one mainly about his time at City.
He said that the reason for City's success was the close and supportive relationship between him, SP and Taggy. He also state quite clearly that there were people trying to disrupt their work, not externally but internally. He gave the impression that this was a constant problem, not an isolated case. Is this. He must have been referring.to club directors or people from the Trust. It seems that politics is not limited to politics.
Small "p" politics in the sense of people manoeuvring to advantage themself or a group they belong to is never limited to "Politics". It's been a key driver in every business and non-business organisation I've been associated with over 50 years, and throughout human history from stone age tribes to world empires. People who don't get their own way often blame it on other people "playing politics". They often just mean different or more successful politics from theirs.

That said, it's a person when the people own on a business and the directors they appoint to run the company want to decided how it is run, rather than one employee.

Tis was the manger of the team, a good one but not the owner - and was actually and quite sensibly allowed a very strong input into the business decision making. He was also allowed to commute from a very long distance, given great freedom and allowed to create a personality image around himself. He was very astute in getting the club to offer him a rolling contract, of course, but was clearly affronted when the owners decided to change the nature of his contract by serving notice, in accordance with its terms.

He could have resigned then, indeed IIRC made noises about that, but did nothing. He has absolutely no cause to whine. He was paid a very handsome salary for 12 years, was very good at first and got us promoted twice in his early period but thereafter had at best only moderate success, signed some dreadful players as well as some good ones, promoted some good youngsters but not others.

In the words of Terry Jones, "He's not the Messiah..."

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster

If you want change, either

1) Stand for the Trust on a manifesto of change and work to change from within.

Or if you think the Trust is a closed shop and a waste of time, holding the club back, and with a membership dominated by yes 'men'

2) Rally support from amongst the thousands of City supporters who aren't members of the Trust to a new way of running the club and then if there is sufficient weight of opinion of people that agree with this new way, then that will win out in the end as people desert the Trust.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster

Or you could say that the current static membership is a platform with which to grow from. 3500 members clearly think what we have is worth preserving. The key to our success is winning over more people. Some people will always be a losf cause because they are not interested, but others could be persuaded to back out current model if the message was put in the right way.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you want change, either

1) Stand for the Trust on a manifesto of change and work to change from within.

Or if you think the Trust is a closed shop and a waste of time, holding the club back, and with a membership dominated by yes 'men'

2) Rally support from amongst the thousands of City supporters who aren't members of the Trust to a new way of running the club and then if there is sufficient weight of opinion of people that agree with this new way, then that will win out in the end as people desert the Trust.
3) Go and support another team, like, oh I dunno........ Chelsea

i8cornwall

Or you could say that the current static membership is a platform with which to grow from. 3500 members clearly think what we have is worth preserving. The key to our success is winning over more people. Some people will always be a losf cause because they are not interested, but others could be persuaded to back out current model if the message was put in the right way.
Or people just want priority on tickets? As that is what a vast number of people I know use there membership for.

I think the best way to actually look at who thinks it’s worth persevering or not is the numbers of members who voted in the last board elections.

grecIAN Harris

3) Go and support another team, like, oh I dunno........ Chelsea
And out comes another standard issue response from The Fear Factor.

DB9

And out comes another standard issue response from The Fear Factor.
Must admit i never like the "Go support another club" response, People are allowed to air their views even if you disagree

grecIAN Harris

Must admit i never like the "Go support another club" response, People are allowed to air their views even if you disagree
But it happens every time this debate comes up because ambition in the eyes of The Trust membership means throwing money at it. There is another way and I accept that it will take time to build to that point but the The Trust has to get off it's collective arses, accept some new direction from people who, shall we say, are money motivated for want of a better description, and start to move forwards otherwise, as I said long, long way back in this thread, The Trust and consequently the club will stagnate. And the only thing that happens to things that stagnate is that they become undesirable.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ed Gallois, did you ever tell us your masterplan? Did I miss it?