• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

StudentGrecian

C'mon guys, just look at meteoric rise of Morcambe after their move to their new £12 million multipurpose stadium.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... have asked him to engage with the club on his ideas but he deflects those offers ... He's very closed to counter arguments ...
These points are completely untrue.

... Danny - please try and be more open to counter arguments on here and you will get a better reception from others. Thanks.
I agree. One step at a time. Danny - please take note!
You rightly call out the bullying and pack mentality that appears to have taken hold of certain factions of exeweb, then promptly single Dannyred out! 🤦‍♀️

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the OP. A simple question that warrants reasonable and straightforward responses.

ex_user1234

Resigned

You rightly call out the bullying and pack mentality that appears to have taken hold of certain factions of exeweb, then promptly single Dannyred out! 🤦‍♀️

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the OP. A simple question that warrants reasonable and straightforward responses.
I think in order to repair relations between Danny and those who do not like him on Exeweb, which I really think is worth striving for, both sides will have to compromise somewhat.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair enough. That's a very reasonable answer. I agree it is impractical for the women's team to play at SJP because of the state of the pitch. I think a good first step would be for them to play in Exeter rather than Cullompton. If we can one day afford a Premier League style pitch that can recover quickly then they should play at SJP.

Danny - please try and be more open to counter arguments on here and you will get a better reception from others. Thanks.
Now you're telling people how to post. Jesus Christ, there's no end to your misplaced arrogance and hypocrisy
PS. Danny knows I don't agree with some of his opinions but I have defended his right to free speech even very recently.

Last edited:

C j phill

If there was any altruistic person(s) who wants to take over, try and boost income significantly, cover and write off (or guarantee no cost to the club without return) any investment in the attempt to increase income which goes into the club and shows clear plans on how that can be achieved...then the question can be asked and I am sure would be considered. Are there any such people out there would be the more immediate question.
If there was such a person, willing to throw money at the Club without a return, then presumably they would be happy to leave ownership with the Trust. if that person wasn't prepared to do that,and wanted overall control, then I suspect they weren't being altruistic.

DB9

Sorry Rae but I think he does, His constant banging on about the women's team playing at SJP when it is not feasible at the moment doesn't seem to comprehend with him, He tells us he knows more about these things than us then people ask him to put his ideas to the club, He doesn't, then disappears for a while. Then he throws in a grenade like this thread because he knows the reaction he'll get and knows it's such a touchy subject

Alistair20000

Ah, now that depends on whether you're in Ralph's gang or Jack's. Important choice.
Have you got the conch safe Geoffrey ?

Alistair20000

If there was any altruistic person(s) who wants to take over, try and boost income significantly, cover and write off (or guarantee no cost to the club without return) any investment in the attempt to increase income which goes into the club and shows clear plans on how that can be achieved...then the question can be asked and I am sure would be considered. Are there any such people out there would be the more immediate question.
A Unicorn comes to mind

geoffwp

Have you got the conch safe Geoffrey ?
Yes, but I had to shell out a bit for storage Al.

geoffwp

If there was any altruistic person(s) who wants to take over, .......... Are there any such people out there would be the more immediate question.
I simply do not believe that anyone who has made a very large fortune is also altruistic by nature. The two don't fit. To make that sort of money then risk it on a small football club on the edge of the universe? Nah, I don't go thru life believing in fairy tales.

Reactions: DB9