• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it time for serious changes at the club

Dannyred

I am a strong believer that we need to move into a new 12,000 capacity stadium that can Generate a good income 7 days and 7 nights a week.

The Trust I feel has done a good job but clearly cannot take us any further so I think it’s time to look for a new owner/s who can take us further now.

Anyone Agree on either or can we survive at SJP for years to come and also be a trust owned club for a lot longer.

Legohead

Banned
My answer is no. We don't need a new stadium until we are regularly filling the current one. We don't need a new stadium as an extra revenue venue because there are already plenty around. We need to carry on as we are, gradually improving and being solvent and prudent. That way if we start to become shit again our solvency and prudency keep us alive because some fans will bugger off.

This model of course keeps us hovering between the bottom two tiers but that's ok with me. There is a slight possibility ala Burton of a stint in the Championship if we are very lucky indeed but most clubs at our level stay at our level and that's easy for me to understand and accept.

We could of course get bought out by a sugar daddy who would chuck money at us, fail and then leave us in the sh*t but who would care so long as we get our days out at Birmingham and Derby?

Fan owned is the future of clubs at our level and some fans of some clubs might be finding out soon with this crisis that that is the only option for them if they are to have a club to support.

Just my personal opinion on it. I am not an expert or have facts and figures to hand. Just my feeling.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given the state of the economy at present and the impact on Club finances we just need to hold fire.

Cannot see a point in a new stadium. How would it be funded ?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone Agree on either or can we survive at SJP for years to come and also be a trust owned club for a lot longer.
Yes we can.

The well run clubs will get through this. The basket cases won't, and the sugar daddies might be thinner on the ground

DB9

Sugar Daddies are really for bigger clubs, At our level we just attract shitesters who buy clubs for a £1 with bugger all behind them. As for the OP, It's a pointless thing again just to rile people up again

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Sugar Daddies are really for bigger clubs, At our level we just attract shitesters who buy clubs for a £1 with bugger all behind them. As for the OP, It's a pointless thing again just to rile people up again
Oh I dunno it made me laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

IndoMike

It is time for a huge change : Yes, somebody please paint them bleddy red seats in the IP.

Last edited:

iscalad

Oh I dunno it made me laugh.
Me too. His posts usually do.

Reactions: DB9

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
The time for expanding capacity of the stadium is definitely not right now. We keep moving as a club in the right direction, step by step, and this is what we should aim to continue doing.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No.