• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Is it feasible

Oliver

crowds could return If face masks were mandatory, and anyone inside without one on would face eviction.

Legohead

Banned
It's feasible I guess but I won't be amongst them. When face masks are no longer required is the point where its as safe as it can be. I'll go then.

Besides. No way am I sitting inside a football ground for nearly 2 hours with a face mask on.

Interesting questions though Oliver.

Dannyred

crowds could return If face masks were mandatory, and anyone inside without one on would face eviction.
Looking at the scenes around the UK yesterday and previously to then, the answer is yes fans could return but would it be sensible No.

Legohead

Banned
The issue would be that I would presume a lot of fans would stay away and that would reduce gate receipts even more but its better than nothing I guess.

It is more likely to be the younger fans prepared to risk it but many younger fans don't have the expendable income that a lot of the older fans will have.

dontpassback

I am not the lone ranger or dick Turpin therefore if masks are compulsory then I too won’t be attending until the need for masks is not necessary

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Bring it on. Masks and no singing, so what. Just let me watch football at SJP! Mind you I will want to celebrate any goals we might score.

Boyo

I can't wait to get back, but clearly I will need to be convinced it's safe. I think society is a long way from that right now.

I also think that football could see a phased return of crowds. Maybe every other row in use and two empty seats between family groups. That may give a 25% capacity of seated areas.

Phillip

The question has to be is it financially viable to operate the stadium with reduced capacity? Are there any additional costs in managing the reduced capacity, the seats is the easy bit, its access to the stadium, toilets, corridors etc which are more challenging which might outweigh the income, especially as I'm guessing it would be largely season ticket holders who have already paid. Can you operate hospitality in these circumstances? The cost of reduced capacity might be more than the income raised.

tonykellowfan

It is safe now if you are under 50 and in good health.

As long as there is sensible social distancing in the stands then fans can return for next season.

Boyo

The question has to be is it financially viable to operate the stadium with reduced capacity? Are there any additional costs in managing the reduced capacity, the seats is the easy bit, its access to the stadium, toilets, corridors etc which are more challenging which might outweigh the income, especially as I'm guessing it would be largely season ticket holders who have already paid. Can you operate hospitality in these circumstances? The cost of reduced capacity might be more than the income raised.
All good points. Particularly at SJP, where there is only a single entrance/exit to the Stagecoach Stand and similar in the Main Stand (whatever it's called), for home fans. It's difficult to see how any social distancing could be implemented on terracing, so we could be very limited in our capacity.

The more you think about it the more it seems impossible that SJP would be able to operate until social distancing is not neccessary.