• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ipswich Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

JW57++

My first matchday thread. I enjoyed many visits to Portman Road when I lived in East Anglia many years ago, and am looking forward to my first trip to Ipswich in over 50 years. Ipswich were in the first division then and didn’t win so many games so hopefully I can add another game to my list of games that Ipswich don’t win.

Safe travels to all Grecian going to today’s game. Here”s hoping that we can put out a competitive team and enjoy our final away game of the season.

CWH-NYC_

My first matchday thread. I enjoyed many visits to Portman Road when I lived in East Anglia many years ago, and am looking forward to my first trip to Ipswich in over 50 years. Ipswich were in the first division then and didn’t win so many games so hopefully I can add another game to my list of games that Ipswich don’t win.

Safe travels to all Grecian going to today’s game. Here”s hoping that we can put out a competitive team and enjoy our final away game of the season.
Well you certainly picked a difficult one if you were looking to start a winning streak. I can only echo the majority in saying that it’s a tough old ask to get anything from this one but with City you never know… that’s the fun.

Alfie 1966

We go we follow the City we enjoy the banter we hope we pray we just ask for 100% for 90 minutes , Coach 5.45 early start thankyou to all at East Devon Travel, you Reds

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strong thread title for a first go, good work.

I’m heading to Ipswich with mixed feelings.

I want us to play well but I want argyle not to go up. I think we’ll lose heavily but I’ve bet on us to win (15-1 in a two horse race like this is ridiculous). I want Gary and the lads to get the confidence and self-belief that a win would give them, to take into next season (those that are staying). I want Stanno, Sammy, Kev Mac, Demi, etc to return from injury and do well. But I want argyle not to get promoted.

So, good luck to the lads. Whatever will be, will be.

Setting off from Wiltshire at around half six. Making a weekend of it by meeting up with old friends in Saffron Walden on the way up & back. Nearly a thousand ticket sold so a really good and hopefully a noisy turnout for our last and toughest away game. UTC!

denzel

Staying down the road in Chelmsford, looking forward to getting the train up later. Had to do this, who knows when we might go to Portman Road again, and it beats Colchester!
Just put a quid on us too, I got 18-1. Those are ridiculous odds, so had to do it.
Have a feeling we will score at some stage, if we score first it will be fantastic.
Be nice if we get a few players back, I think the occasion will bring the best out of Sam and Jay, who scored a brace at Barnsley.
Sunshine predicted, beers and football, whats not to like??

Arthur Davey

Travelling by car with mates, so comparative lie-in compared to lopping into town crack of dawn for the coach (the buay is pleased about that). Much as FBH said, qué sera, sera.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The weather's nice here. Looking forward to a good day though expecting the football to ruin it.

Jason's preview

tom_ecfc

The Tractor Derby - COME ON YOU REDDSSS!

grecIAN Harris

The Tractor Derby - COME ON YOU REDDSSS!
What the f*#k are you on about?🤨