• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ipswich Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Ian Tarr

For those who want to dwell too much on our defeat, I'd like to add that we got promoted in the same year that we lost 7-1 at home to Chesterfield.
Surprised you feel the need to exaggerate. It was only 6-1. ;)

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
No interview with GC yet?

Arthur Davey

Not sure whether to write that off as Ipswich were so good and we were so many players short of being competitive, or seriously concerned about our lack of fight and our shocking back three performance. Aimson has played at a higher level, but he was made to look non league today.
Good turnout from us with most staying right up until the end. Shame on fans booing the players who bothered to cone over at the end though.
A combination of all the above...

budegrecian

No interview with GC yet?
It’s on the club website.

andrew p long

just seen the goals. the penalty decision is atrocious. Good job it didn't cost us a point (or two points)!

Mr Jinx

Does Caldwell actually think that Woods and Scott are good enough for league 1
Hartridge, Caprice, Sparkes and Sweeney found wanting at this level,
I haven't seen Scott play this season. On paper he looked a poor signing; seen nothing to counter that.

Hartridge has struggled to make the leap imho. He's had some real shockers.

I didn't think Caprice would make the grade in L1 and I was proved right.

Sweeney, thanks for all the fish mate, but I think it's time.

Nicholson, I wasn't sure about, but he was cracking when he played. Problem is - he's not getting any younger.

Joe White, flash tricks and turns, little end product.

Williams - I can't work him out. He's a touch or finish away from being a brilliant player, but has flaws. Could go either way.

Caldwell is going to have a busy summer. His mettle will be tested up to xmas.

STURTZ

Come on you Burton!
I haven't seen Scott play this season. On paper he looked a poor signing; seen nothing to counter that.

Nicholson, I wasn't sure about, but he was cracking when he played. Problem is - he's not getting any younger.

Williams - I can't work him out. He's a touch or finish away from being a brilliant player, but has flaws. Could go either way.

What has coach Kevin Nicholson got to do with anything and who the f*ck is Williams?

iscalad

I have no idea where to start🙄
Ah I see Sturtz has started...

grecIAN Harris

Some of this is laughable.

Hasn't seen Scott play so of course you won't have seen anything to counter a pre conceived opinion:rolleyes:
Yes, Hartridge has had a couple of shockers towards the end of the season but hasn't struggled generally.
Caprice will be always be his own worst enemy and I don't think anything is going to change that, probably the only bit you have got right.
Sweeney has been out most reliable performer all season. He has a level and probably won't make it to the next stage up (promotion/play off contenders if we can get there) as a first choice player but is still worth having around.
Nicholson???? Who the f&*k is Nicholson????:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Joe White has something about him but will need to learn how to look after himself physically before we see it. I wouldn't mind seeing him back with us next season right from the very start of pre season and then see what happens.
Who is Williams???
It will be an interesting watch over the summer replacing players that don't even exist in the first place.

Oldsmobile-88