• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Investment Proposal - Trust ballot

David Treharne

The ballot papers will be sent out in btaches from 17:00 this evening - and deadline is late Wednesday afternoon. The meeting was quite well attanded and there was some positive questioning from the floor. Also an interesting video with Matt Taylor, and the panel then talked through all the positive reasons for going ahead with it. Some good discussion about what is and what isn't going to be provided, and some talk around what phase 2 might achieve. On a positive note, surely this kind of discussion is what fan ownership oight to be about. More later.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
The ballot papers will be sent out in btaches from 17:00 this evening - and deadline is late Wednesday afternoon. The meeting was quite well attanded and there was some positive questioning from the floor. Also an interesting video with Matt Taylor, and the panel then talked through all the positive reasons for going ahead with it. Some good discussion about what is and what isn't going to be provided, and some talk around what phase 2 might achieve. On a positive note, surely this kind of discussion is what fan ownership oight to be about. More later.
Any press interest in how a proppa fan owned club is run ?

ChrisWickens

I have already received my ballot paper and voted!! Bodes well for the future.

dontpassback

Both Moore-Taylor and Pym gave 100% every time they wore the shirt. Signing a new contract with us would only limit their career options. The difference between them and Grimes & Randall is that the latter were both far better players and hence higher-level clubs came in for them who were willing to spend transfer fees.
Limit their career options,JMT is now at the mighty FGR and Pym has probably played his last game for posh !

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
It really is about time the Cat and Fiddle facilities were updated. Whilst everything about the club has improved, the C&F remains dated and even archaic. If I was putting together an idea for it I'd be suggesting a two storey building down the length of the main pitch incorporating office space and catering facilities on the top floor. Changing rooms, physio and gym facilities and storage space on the ground floor. If space and cost allowed, I'd also think about putting a small seated area (50-100 seats) at the front of the building beside the pitch so should we start having competitive reserve matches back at C&F we have the facilities to accommodate spectators.

Trapdoor

I've voted. This will be a great investment for the club and will tangibly improve the working environment of the club employees and players.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve voted, think it’s a great idea.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've voted. This will be a great investment for the club and will tangibly improve the working environment of the club employees and players.
But has Chas got his own office with comfy leather chair & facilities to make bacon rolls ? UTC

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
But has Chas got his own office with comfy leather chair & facilities to make bacon rolls ? UTC
He would still be heading off to the Toby Carvery for his brekkie ! :p

Red Bill

It really is about time the Cat and Fiddle facilities were updated. Whilst everything about the club has improved, the C&F remains dated and even archaic. If I was putting together an idea for it I'd be suggesting a two storey building down the length of the main pitch incorporating office space and catering facilities on the top floor. Changing rooms, physio and gym facilities and storage space on the ground floor. If space and cost allowed, I'd also think about putting a small seated area (50-100 seats) at the front of the building beside the pitch so should we start having competitive reserve matches back at C&F we have the facilities to accommodate spectators.
Couldn't 50-100 people just stand around the edges?