• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Investment Proposal - Trust ballot

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strikes me, from what has been disclosed, an eminently impressive (and sensibly costed) proposal.

And to put it with so much detail to the "great unwashed" for final approval seems, to me at least, total vindication of the "Trust Concept" (as opposed to some dilettantes - R&L anyone wandering in with big schemes and greedy dreams.

A definite yay for me...and, perhaps, some of the facilities could be named after our real benefactors.

How about?
The Ollie Watkins changing rooms?
The Gareth Southgate canteen?

Andy_H

I don't think there is a good time but then I'm not quite sure what the whole point of the video would be?

From what ive read on here and from others I've spoken to the plans have been received positively along with the recommendation from those in power at SJP, even someone such as myself welcome's these plans and understands the need for development and this coming from someone who would happily see the club spend 2.2 million on players given the chance!
The idea of the video would be to let 'the fans' see exactly what a state the facilities at C&F are in, and that's not reflection on anybody, just a hard fact.

I've been around C&F many times and consider myself lucky to know the layout etc, but for others who have never, ever been near C&F it would put some meat on the bones of the proposal. For example, how many fans actually know what's in the portacabins, let alone have seen inside them?

The Trust Member are the ones who are going to vote on this loan, surely they should be made aware of all the facts relating to it's use beforehand?

DB9

The idea of the video would be to let 'the fans' see exactly what a state the facilities at C&F are in, and that's not reflection on anybody, just a hard fact.

I've been around C&F many times and consider myself lucky to know the layout etc, but for others who have never, ever been near C&F it would put some meat on the bones of the proposal. For example, how many fans actually know what's in the portacabins, let alone have seen inside them?

The Trust Member are the ones who are going to vote on this loan, surely they should be made aware of all the facts relating to it's use beforehand?
What would be nice that when the work starts a permanent camera there showing the demolition and building of the new facilities, Just like when the NOG was built.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know someone who will be doing loads of drone shots of the work

dontpassback

It’s fair to say that,with the exception of the playing pitches at the training ground,the rest of the facilities have seen better days and it would be prudent to upgrade.I was very impressed with way that the stagecoach/Adam stansfield stand was procured and constructed and the end product is something to be proud of.The only concern with the training ground development would be the fact that the construction industry at the moment is experiencing,shortage of materials,shortage of Labour and very volatile costs for materials,so I hope we have done our homework on the chosen contractor and some of the supply pitfalls,I am confident we have done this and I think it will be an asset to ECFC,but we are living in uncertain times,so belt and braces would be prudent !
Just my opinion,I am not party to any knowledge on this project,but I think it would be beneficial for us.

Andy_H

It’s fair to say that,with the exception of the playing pitches at the training ground,the rest of the facilities have seen better days and it would be prudent to upgrade.I was very impressed with way that the stagecoach/Adam stansfield stand was procured and constructed and the end product is something to be proud of.The only concern with the training ground development would be the fact that the construction industry at the moment is experiencing,shortage of materials,shortage of Labour and very volatile costs for materials,so I hope we have done our homework on the chosen contractor and some of the supply pitfalls,I am confident we have done this and I think it will be an asset to ECFC,but we are living in uncertain times,so belt and braces would be prudent !
Just my opinion,I am not party to any knowledge on this project,but I think it would be beneficial for us.
I think that the fall back position is going to be a few Saturday & Sunday work parties! Anybody got a brickies trowel they could lend?

Colesman Ballz

I think that the fall back position is going to be a few Saturday & Sunday work parties! Anybody got a brickies trowel they could lend?
Flacky might help ! :unsure: :)

dontpassback

Flacky might help ! :unsure: :)
Don’t forget jimmy Giles !!!!

ExmouthMart

It’s a modular design, so most of the construction is done off site and just the assembly of the parts so in theory there should be no issues with the weather or labour etc. Why a company in Yorkshire is doing the work is a concern because apparently one of the biggest costs is transportation to site. Are they the leading experts in this field or were they the cheapest?!
Still needs the long term lease situation to be looked into. Is @25 years enough or do we need to negotiate a much longer arrangement to take into account our long term investment. What happens at the end of the lease if the owners decide to go in a different direction (housing maybe!). Where is the legacy for future generations.
I don’t know what our present relationship is like with The Hill family ( I am presuming they own it?!) but I remember years ago we had some real issues with the late Mr Hill. So much so in fact I believe a ‘mystery’ coach tour was organised by supporters and ended up as a protest outside his house in Beer. My memory is a bit sketchy so this may have been actually something different…….

Red Bill

To be honest I expect quite a few people have been in a portacabin before, admittedly not the ones at the CH but I can't imagine they vary that much that anyone would need video evidence. As for the pavilion, I don't think i need to see inside to get the picture, it looks like the cricket pavilion we had in our town when I was a kid, and that looked old and knackered when I was at school in the 70s. So I'm not sure what purpose a video would serve other than as others have already said, to show us up in a really poor light!