• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Investment Proposal - Trust ballot

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the point being made wasn’t about voting no to the proposal, but more about if one particular element was of concern with the example being given of the contractor used for the scheme. The question was more about if enough people showed concern over the contractor then would the Trust look to appoint a different contractor or would the whole scheme be dead in the water?

As a further example of this, were this proposal put forward 20-odd years ago with Mowlems listed as the main contractor I’d vote no purely on that basis - not no to the scheme, but no to one specific aspect of it.
I'm hoping that the club has done a decent due diligence on the contractors.

dontpassback

Construction is a volatile business,with so many pitfalls it’s surprising so many companies are in it,and selecting the right main contractor is easier said than done,it worked ok with the AS stagecoach stand so all being well this will be the same,but there a lot of things that can cause delays etc so let’s hope it goes well,because an improvement to the training ground would be very beneficial

Pete Martin (CTID)

Construction is a volatile business,with so many pitfalls it’s surprising so many companies are in it,and selecting the right main contractor is easier said than done,it worked ok with the AS stagecoach stand so all being well this will be the same,but there a lot of things that can cause delays etc so let’s hope it goes well,because an improvement to the training ground would be very beneficial
Yes, the AS stand "worked out ok", but there were several scary moments. Fortunately we had David Lee and Mike Phillips involved and, frankly - and in my personal view, we could not have had any better people driving it from our side.
They are both very skilled and experienced
negotiators in the engineering and construction business. It was comforting to see them both on the top table at the presentation answering questions on Saturday and I assume they are both involved again.

We are very lucky to have them batting for us imo.

i8cornwall

Oh how strange that the club thought that a video of the facilities was a good idea, yet 'learned' members on Exeweb poo pooed the idea as unnecessary. Not so 'learned' as you thought you were now are you?
I'm assuming your medal for suggesting this is in the post Andy?

geoffwp

Oh how strange that the club thought that a video of the facilities was a good idea, yet 'learned' members on Exeweb poo pooed the idea as unnecessary. Not so 'learned' as you thought you were now are you?
Loving that term 'learned members on exeweb'! 😆

DB9

Loving that term 'learned members on exeweb'! 😆
Made your day that Geoff, Being a learned member of Exeweb, Worth another pint that 😀

Andy_H

I'm assuming your medal for suggesting this is in the post Andy?
No medal please, just a peerage will suffice - for now.

iscalad

No medal please, just a peerage will suffice - for now.
MBE or NoMBE that is the question.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
bumped back to the top as deadline for voting is I believe tomorrow? Can anyone confirm as I have already voted

Spoonz Red E

bumped back to the top as deadline for voting is I believe tomorrow? Can anyone confirm as I have already voted
Up until 5pm tomorrow.
"Online voting for members over 16 years of age will open following this members forum and remain open until 17:00 on Wednesday 27th October."