• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Injuries

milts

Yes, we have 5/6 players out.... but is that an excuse for 1 point out of 18??

NO!!

Tisdale refers to having no back up, maybe if we played entertaining football early in the season when we have a full squad the finances would have allowed for back up players to be signed?

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe if he didn't fill the squad with injury-prone has-beens he would have back-up. Or don't play your star man in aid-season friendly

Paul is stale

I hate to mention tisdale signed those player made of glass! Oh yes he also signed the other mugs like Davis and co!!!

Darren Moxey

Resigned
As I've said before, it's a crap excuse. The injuries have definitely contributed to our woes, but that doesn't mean there are other (bigger) issues that need to be addressed. I know I go on about this but I still find it funny to hear people say the only reason we were relegated last season was because of injuries. Sure, that's the ONLY reason why we finished a mile off 20th place...

manc grecian

Teams always have injurys. It's no excuse for sending out a side that can't manufacture a shot on goal.

Make the best of what you have, don't send them out to play the same way week in week out when it's clearly not working. Construct a squad that has some variety in it, not a team of lightweight, one paced midgets. Yes they might be easy to manage and do as they are told but by God they are ****e to watch.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
an easy excuse to hide behind, isn't it.

No, our failure to reach the play off's, and may be an even higher finish, because lets face it, this is a very $h!te division, comes down to much much more than that.

1). As already mentioned above, Tis has signed these players made of glass, and wasted what little funds we have on them.

2). A dire start, on the 1st game of the season at home, to a team who went on to finish in the bottom half of the table, just 5 points above the relegation zone, no injury worries here iirc.

3). Our failure to get past an awful & woeful Aldershot in the league cup 1st round, no injury worries here iirc, & thus stopping a potential money spinning 2nd round draw, for much needed funds to sign adequate back ups in case of injuries!!

4). Not turning up for the 1st West Country Derby at home to bottom of the table Bristol Rovers, & we gift them; their first win of the campaign, no injury worries here iirc!!

5). Just 4 points picked up in October out of a possible 18, again no worries with injuries here iirc

6). Going out once again in round 1 of the FA Cup, to a side so low in confidence in lowly Bury, we gift them their 1st home win of the season iirc, again no injury worries iirc, so again losing out on much needed finances of a good cup run, which would help in case of injuries later in the season?

7). Failure to turn up for any of the remaining West Country Derbies, picking up just 2 points of a possible 18, losing to a very poor Torquay & an even poorer Argyle!! mostly with few injury worries!!

8). I'm sure Crewe & Southend have made enough money out of The Paint Pot Trophey, to have good seasons next season, you know, hold onto their better players, and strengthen their squads too, with the money they have generated from their success in this competition, we of course limped & wimped out 1st round, again, and again, no injury worries iirc, so again missing out on some much needed funds to boost the squad, you know just in case, we may come across some injuries further into the season?

So it's down to an awful lot more than a few injuries, isn't it!!

Antony Moxey

I hate to mention tisdale signed those player made of glass! Oh yes he also signed the other mugs like Davis and co!!!
He also signed all the others, bar maybe one or two. Are you saying that every signing he's ever made is either injury prone or a 'mug'?

denzil

He also signed all the others, bar maybe one or two. Are you saying that every signing he's ever made is either injury prone or a 'mug'?
Most Ant !!

rp42

Tis you are a **** an yes exeweb you can ban me for this cos i aint bothered,you put a defender on today for a forward why?and we didnt have a shot on there goal until the 85th min and stlill people will defend you on here?

rp42

And moxey you are the biggest arse licker to tis on here.