• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'm bored. Anyone fancy a virtual **** up?

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anybody remember the left Bank record shop in Paris Street? Was the centre of existence for me for a time in the late sixties.

The actual Left Bank (or Rive Gauche,) was actually a home for creative thought with little regard for political persuasion, in fact many conservatively minded thinkers and writers lived and worked there.
Havent been in this bar before though i know a lot of exeweb drink here. The left bank sturtzy? Do i remember it?? I think there was a period of 4 maybe 5 years when i basically lived there. I used to work on the basis that if i bought a single i was ok for 2 maybe 3 weeks of freebe listening and if i bought an album then that gave me a few months. I think i must have gone through every album in the shop, other than italian opera, every year.

STURTZ

Hah! Wouldn't put it past you TBH ramone.

Wass the matter, green scarf in the wash?

Large glass of port for my mate's dog.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Hah! Wouldn't put it past you TBH ramone.

Wass the matter, green scarf in the wash?

Large glass of port for my mate's dog.
Been trying to find something appropriate for the urinals like last time but cant find anything suitable !
No more than one glass for the dog not after he was caught outside in the alleyway with the pubs cat getting all smoochy.

See you Saturday UTC.

STURTZ

Yeah, must confess wont be on my usual pub crawl up from St David's on Saturday, the thought of getting an early train through Slimechester to Exter accompanied by foul smelling and pig ignorant green dickheads doesn't appeal, so a few in the virtual and a pleasant drive over the moors is all I can look forward to, apart from stuffing the twats arriving home and going on a Janner wind up fest around the seedier spots of fair Kernow.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
May have to pop in my usual watering hole and have a small fruit based drink pre match.

Alistair20000

Havent been in this bar before though i know a lot of exeweb drink here. The left bank sturtzy? Do i remember it?? I think there was a period of 4 maybe 5 years when i basically lived there. I used to work on the basis that if i bought a single i was ok for 2 maybe 3 weeks of freebe listening and if i bought an album then that gave me a few months. I think i must have gone through every album in the shop, other than italian opera, every year.

How did you find the Paris night life Geoffers ?

STURTZ

So Geoff, you must have been the miserable person hogging the headphones whilst I paced up and down outside the booth clutching the latest Amon Duul or King Crimson release. Those hand crafted. Mocassins jigging under 24 inch loons complete with triangulsr mothers dining room curtain inserts must have been e asking your own petuli scented feet, tapping away to Little Willy by The Sweet. God, I hated you!

geoffwp

So Geoff, you must have been the miserable ******* hogging the headphones whilst I paced up and down outside the booth clutching the latest Amon Duul or King Crimson release. Those hand crafted. Mocassins jigging under 24 inch loons complete with triangulsr mothers dining room curtain inserts must have been e asking your own petuli scented feet, tapping away to Little Willy by The Sweet. God, I hated you!
Could have been Sturtz. I may well have been listening to King Crimson already, though it could have been Soft Machine or maybe Miles Davis. Only place in town to find more progressive stuff. Clink clink.

Colesman Ballz

Found a red Left Bank single sized bag amongst my vinyl collection the other day, brought the memories flooding back. Wasn't just the records though (where else in Exeter in 1968 could you buy a Tyrannosaurus Rex disc ?), but the coffee bar on the first floor featured heavily in "my rights of passage", and even bought my 1969 Isle of Wight Festival ticket, to begin my Festival Going !

Seem to recall it moved to the basement of Pitts in the High Street, but was never the same.

IndoMike

Is the bar open at 7 a.m? Dropped a bleddy egg on the floor and burnt the bleddy toast while trying to scrape up the bleddy egg.
I could do with a pint of the best and a double whisky (with one rock) chaser.
I also need a heart to heart with a barmaid :: sny barmaid.