• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
BUY A CHROMECAST AND STREAM FROM CHROME ONTO YOUR TELLY

Fareham Grecian

Is your tv connected to the internet?
If the connection between your router and your TV is working properly using the tv’s own browser to watch the match streamed on the ECFC club website should work exactly the same as using a browser on a pc or laptop. You don’t use the app.
If you’re connected to ifollow on more than one device at the same time none will work.
Thanks DB. Have you (or indeed has anybody else) actually got this method to work? It doesn’t work via the browser on my new(ish) Samsung smart tv despite the fact that I can access the internet otherwise.

Fareham Grecian

That only works from a pc, not from an iPad or phone

Pete Martin (CTID)

Is your tv connected to the internet?
If the connection between your router and your TV is working properly using the tv’s own browser to watch the match streamed on the ECFC club website should work exactly the same as using a browser on a pc or laptop. You don’t use the app.
If you’re connected to ifollow on more than one device at the same time none will work.
Trust me. It doesn't. I have tried to use the browser on the TV several times but as soon as you try to log in to iFollow it throws you out. Just won't accept the login.

I have a similar problem with a paid for music platform. Can watch it on laptop or smartphone but can't login on the TV browser.

Only answer is the laptop and an HDMI cable.

iscalad

Doesn't work

cannockred

Trust me. It doesn't. I have tried to use the browser on the TV several times but as soon as you try to log in to iFollow it throws you out. Just won't accept the login.

I have a similar problem with a paid for music platform. Can watch it on laptop or smartphone but can't login on the TV browser.

Only answer is the laptop and an HDMI cable.
Pete, try silk browser for android. It works. I have not missed a moment.

Utc

iscalad

Got this response when I e-mailed iFollow

"Thank you for your email.

At this stage, (whilst you are welcome to try it linking up to your TV via a HDMI cable) we would advise that the iFollow service is only setup for desktop or app/tablet use. Desktop therefore means the live video iFollow service isn’t available through TV apps, Apple TV, AirPlay, Firestick or Chromecast.

That being said, we will pass your comments on to our digital team for their information.

Thank you for contacting the EFL."

Pete Martin (CTID)

Pete, try silk browser for android. It works. I have not missed a moment.

Utc
I'm referring to the browser on a Samsung TV. It works fine everywhere else.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I find the best way to sort your ifollow is to get your dad to put his hand down the back of the telly and twiddle with some little nobby things while you sit on the settee with your mum and brothers calling out helpful stuff. Like "nearly had it there...." or " "Yes, that's it ! Oh, no gone again".

Tim Long

I find the best way to sort your ifollow is to get your dad to put his hand down the back of the telly and twiddle with some little nobby things while you sit on the settee with your mum and brothers calling out helpful stuff. Like "nearly had it there...." or " "Yes, that's it ! Oh, no gone again".
Ah, but is it like the old days where someone ends up stood on a chair in the pose of the Statue of Liberty but holding the tiny TV aerial that's attached to the TV.