• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

MerleyRed

Worked on my desk top every time, but when I downloaded on laptop streaming issues made it erratic so have to go into office to watch as opposed to the comfort of the lounge.

Why can't it be downloaded by a smart TV (apart from it not being smart enough)
I am interested in the answer to this question, as I have a friend who has no streaming device, but does have a new smart tv. Has anybody successfully downloaded directly to their tv ?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What are hoping to download?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Passcodes for Scunthorpe are now available.This will be the last passcodes sent out by ECFC, EFL Digital will be taking ownership of the service before the next home match against Carlisle.

Fareham Grecian

I am interested in the answer to this question, as I have a friend who has no streaming device, but does have a new smart tv. Has anybody successfully downloaded directly to their tv ?
There is no app for smart TVs, which is what you would need to download. Presumably iFollow and the tv manufacturers didn’t think it was worth the investment.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
There's a browser on some smart TVs that you could navigate using, though I wouldn't fancy it without a keyboard.

Fareham Grecian

There's a browser on some smart TVs that you could navigate using, though I wouldn't fancy it without a keyboard.
Yes, I’ve tried that on mine - iFollow doesn’t work though

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Passcodes for Scunthorpe are now available. This will be the last passcodes sent out by ECFC, EFL Digital will be taking ownership of the service before the next home match against Carlisle.
Oh hell, recipe for chaos.

MerleyRed

Yes, that is what my friend has. Our first attempt at using it was unsuccesful and it appears that Fareham has also tried with no success. It looks as if he will need a streaming device.

DawlishBouy

Is your tv connected to the internet?
If the connection between your router and your TV is working properly using the tv’s own browser to watch the match streamed on the ECFC club website should work exactly the same as using a browser on a pc or laptop. You don’t use the app.
If you’re connected to ifollow on more than one device at the same time none will work.

MerleyRed

Is your tv connected to the internet?
If the connection between your router and your TV is working properly using the tv’s own browser to watch the match streamed on the ECFC club website should work exactly the same as using a browser on a pc or laptop. You don’t use the app.
If you’re connected to ifollow on more than one device at the same time none will work.
Yes, the tv is connected to the internet and for the Crawley game we were successful in paying (£0.0) to get access to the game via the tv's own browser, albeit that from a security point of view I now wonder if that was wise. When my friend came to watch the game later, it just didn't work. As you seem to think that it should work, we will try again on Saturday.