• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ifollow

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Knowing that I won’t be able to attend every game this season, and thankful that there’s iFollow to fall back on, I was wondering whether a subscription could be part of future season tickets. As a season ticket holder it’s likely you’ll be at the game anyway so iFollow aren’t losing out on a game pass fee, and in the event you can’t make a game then why not be able to watch for free as you’ve paid for a match ticket anyway?

I can see the obvious problem of someone else using your iFollow pass while you’re at the game, but surely that can be sorted by having to register your device or similar. It’s the same with other subscription services in that you can only stream to a limited number of devices so it shouldn’t be difficult to put some sort of restriction on your iFollow one.

Anyways, just a thought...

older-codger

Knowing that I won’t be able to attend every game this season, and thankful that there’s iFollow to fall back on, I was wondering whether a subscription could be part of future season tickets. As a season ticket holder it’s likely you’ll be at the game anyway so iFollow aren’t losing out on a game pass fee, and in the event you can’t make a game then why not be able to watch for free as you’ve paid for a match ticket anyway?

I can see the obvious problem of someone else using your iFollow pass while you’re at the game, but surely that can be sorted by having to register your device or similar. It’s the same with other subscription services in that you can only stream to a limited number of devices so it shouldn’t be difficult to put some sort of restriction on your iFollow one.

Anyways, just a thought...

Problem with that is that hopefully there will be no covid restrictions and therefore iFollow will revert to normal with no streaming on match days

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Problem with that is that hopefully there will be no covid restrictions and therefore iFollow will revert to normal with no streaming on match days
Midweek games will presumably be on iFollow, just not 3pm Saturdays

Antony Moxey

So are you saying that pre COVID you couldn’t watch games live?

Red Devon

So are you saying that pre COVID you couldn’t watch games live?
Only midweek and bank holiday fixtures

Antony Moxey

Only midweek and bank holiday fixtures
I never knew that. So did iFollow do season passes pre COVID, and if so what would be the point? I assumed they showed every first team game live.

Red Devon

I never knew that. So did iFollow do season passes pre COVID, and if so what would be the point? I assumed they showed every first team game live.
I think it’s mainly intended for overseas supporters who have access to Saturday matches.

older-codger

Season passes were only available to non UK or Ireland residents

Antony Moxey

Thanks for all the corrections chaps, I genuinely didn’t know any of that about iFollow. I guess they don’t do Saturday games for fear it could have a detrimental effect on attendances then?

Colesman Ballz

Thanks for all the corrections chaps, I genuinely didn’t know any of that about iFollow. I guess they don’t do Saturday games for fear it could have a detrimental effect on attendances then?
Yep it fell foul of the rule of no televised matches in the saturday 15.00 - 17.00 slot.