ifollow

Super Ronnie Jepson

Have any viewing figures been released yet?

The reason I ask is partly because I just received a mail from the club regarding buying a pass for tonight's away match v Orient. I thought that for away games that the dosh from the first 500 passes purchased through City's website would go to the home club.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster

The reason I ask is partly because I just received a mail from the club regarding buying a pass for tonight's away match v Orient. I thought that for away games that the dosh from the first 500 passes purchased through City's website would go to the home club.
As I understand it, the first 500 passes bought to watch the away club go to the home club (£8.33 net for each £10 pass purchased).

We have, of course, similarly benefitted from this. It is all ultimately decided and controlled by the EFL, not the home or away clubs.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

As I understand it, the first 500 passes bought to watch the away club go to the home club (£8.33 net for each £10 pass purchased).

We have, of course, similarly benefitted from this. It is all ultimately decided and controlled by the EFL, not the home or away clubs.
Not by the EFL, they are regarded as confidential I suspect. But I believe the Clubs do get the figures for the whole of their league and at least one (Nicola Palios at Tranmere) has announced their own.

Broadly speaking I would guess the numbers of away passes reflect the normal away followings of each club but are significantly larger than these. So even with the first 500 going to the home club we will be getting a few hundred x £8 or so. And as Pete says, it cuts both ways. Clubs with low away support will probably not make any money from away games, though.