• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

if big Ron had to go then what about these clowns???

exile in wales

Taken from Bullsnews site......

Massey knows the Offside Rule

By Organic Bull
Sian Massey, the football official often seen at Edgar Street, proved she knew all about offsides at Anfield yesterday despite claims from Sky presenters that she might not know the rules.

Richard Keys and Andy Gray had forgotten to turn their microphones off before the game and were heard questioning Massey's role.

The Daily Mail has a copy of the tape which was forwarded by an anonymous source

Commenting on Ms Massey, Mr Keys said: ‘Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.’

Mr Gray, a former Scottish international footballer, replied: ‘Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don’t know the offside rule.’

Mr Keys replied: ‘Course they don’t. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish) will go potty. This isn’t the first time, is it? Didn’t we have one before?

Later the Mail contacted Keys and put the transcript to him.

"I have no recollection of that," said Keys. "I have no idea what you are talking about.

"My recollection is that I wished the young lady all the best."

He was then told a recording exsisted.

"If you have a tape then you don’t need me to talk to you," commented Keys.

Sky Sports have been sent the evidence by the Mail.

And to prove the point Massey got the decision to allow Liverpool's first goal to stand. The replay showed that she made the correct decision.

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Who are you calling a clown?

exile in wales

presant company etc etc etc.......

DJH2005

Who are you calling a clown?
Liverpool, Sky, Gray, Keys. Take yer pick. ;)

GrecianWonder

Andy gray is an idiot. I dont understand how he is considered a good pundit/co commentator. he adds nothing but just noise. he never states what happens he just forces his opinion which he has built up over the years without evidence. this has just been proved by him saying women dont know the offside rule. Of course they do. Sian Massey is more qualified to talk about refereeing decisions than he is.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a very good decision for the Torres first goal ... was it me or did the lineswoman look about 14?

Couldnt help remembering the comments re Amy Raynor when she disallowed Sean Devine, Devine's goal in the FA Trophy at Aldershot ...

We have had many pisspoor officials before and since - why should their sex be an important issue ...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Have we any evidence that Andy Gray knows the offside rule?

Number13

They should go as Big Ron did. Is Sexism not considered as bad as Racisim?

They would argue they were just chatting like geezers down the pub, lads and that. But the difference is that they are paid to be better than lads down the pub or we should all get the cash and perks these people do

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was a very good decision for the Torres first goal ... was it me or did the lineswoman look about 14?

Couldnt help remembering the comments re Amy Raynor when she disallowed Sean Devine, Devine's goal in the FA Trophy at Aldershot ...

We have had many pisspoor officials before and since - why should their sex be an important issue ...
sian massey. she ran the line for our game at rovers in the jpt. didnt do a lot wrong if i remember. both keys and gray have been removed from tonights game apparently

Last edited:

supercity2007

Taken from Bullsnews site......

Massey knows the Offside Rule

By Organic Bull
Sian Massey, the football official often seen at Edgar Street, proved she knew all about offsides at Anfield yesterday despite claims from Sky presenters that she might not know the rules.

Richard Keys and Andy Gray had forgotten to turn their microphones off before the game and were heard questioning Massey's role.

The Daily Mail has a copy of the tape which was forwarded by an anonymous source

Commenting on Ms Massey, Mr Keys said: ‘Somebody better get down there and explain offside to her.’

Mr Gray, a former Scottish international footballer, replied: ‘Can you believe that? A female linesman. Women don’t know the offside rule.’

Mr Keys replied: ‘Course they don’t. I can guarantee you there will be a big one today. Kenny (Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish) will go potty. This isn’t the first time, is it? Didn’t we have one before?

Later the Mail contacted Keys and put the transcript to him.

"I have no recollection of that," said Keys. "I have no idea what you are talking about.

"My recollection is that I wished the young lady all the best."

He was then told a recording exsisted.

"If you have a tape then you don’t need me to talk to you," commented Keys.

Sky Sports have been sent the evidence by the Mail.

And to prove the point Massey got the decision to allow Liverpool's first goal to stand. The replay showed that she made the correct decision.
The match i was watching was played at wolves not anfield :S