• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ian sells his soul

grecian55

How many fans though, would take the plunge if there was a straight choice.

As I say, I think your trust has done brilliantly well, but half way up the 3rd tier is not exactly a shining beacon is it?

Before any dullard comes on here, and says 'higher than you', again, you'd be right, but again, it's not about that, it's about potential achievement.
So what would be the potential achievement if your club was turned into a trust Ian ,serious question ?

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
I honestly don't know mate, but it would have to be a last resort.

LammieLammieLammie

banter aside Ian, what surprises me is how much of a love in you seem to be having with "your Peter". I would have thought you'd have taken a bit of time to assess your thoughts about it all before you give him a glowing endorsement.

Seems to me the board have jumped into bed with him a bit too early.

What does he get in return for his £millions? :S

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
banter aside Ian, what surprises me is how much of a love in you seem to be having with "your Peter". I would have thought you'd have taken a bit of time to assess your thoughts about it all before you give him a glowing endorsement.

Seems to me the board have jumped into bed with him a bit too early.

What does he get in return for his £millions? :S
Some flats a leisure complex and a nice big open arena for concerts

STURTZ

Ridsdale (anag Dire Leeds prat) is probably the one person that 99% of football fans would say would be there last choice as chairman of their football club. Truth is that nobody, other than that crook, would consider taking on the holed vessell that is PAFCH., and Keith Todd is a desperate man.

It's going to be entertaining watching it all unravel, wonder who his first signing is going to be, some ageing, overpaid superstar no doubt.

How does Reid view the appointment porkie?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Too late they already signed Mariner PMSL

STURTZ

To think that we only used to laugh at Torquay and now Plymouth have joined them to become a kind of comedy double act. Only thing is The Turks are the straight man these days.:D

Red Lion

I'm posting this pretty much in ignorance, I know bugger-all about the financial running of a football club, and I'm too lazy to trawl through all the threads on that hideous green forum type thing.

I hate to say it, but maybe Ian has a point. I've no idea what Ridsdale is bringing to the gaws table, but he must be bringing it because he can see he will get something back in return? (Hope he's wrong! :D )

I've spoken with Dan McAuley many years ago. I'm originally a Bampton Boy, and that is (was?) where he based his firm Rotolock.

When I played football for Bampton, he sponsored our shirts (I'm ashamed to own a team photo that has both of us in it!)

He had been trying to get on the City Board. Again, I've no idea why, but he was rebuked quite forcefully IIRC.

Next thing, he was on the Board at the chipnickers. At our end of season dinner and dance, I asked him how he could go there, after trying to get on 'our' Board. He replied 'because he loved the game of football so much'.

I couldn't back then, and can't to this day get my head around that!

Our paths haven't crossed since which is probably just as well. I'm not sure what I would say to a man who wanted to be on City's Board, then joined the turks then jumped ship to our nemesis!

Serious question Ian, why did he leave your lot? Was it under a cloud?

tavyred

The phrase "my club, right or wrong!" could have been invented for characters like him LLL.
It would appear from the outside that instead of the required amount of organised robust inquiry from Argyle supporters, they seem happy to be fed the latest line and then search desperately for the most positive spin on that line.
The dopey f*ckers don`t know it yet, but they need a supporters trust!

tavyred

The dopey f*ckers don`t know it yet, but they need a supporters trust!
Perhaps the c*nting penny is beginning to drop!

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?t=48769