• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ian sells his soul

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Ian, you're utterly deluded if you think for a second Risdale will be a good addition to Argyle.

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
As I've said Spacks, I prefer it to buckets, I really do.

We were down the swanny with this NWO lot, so anything is better than that.

Who knows, one day, he might get it right.

I think the only reason Porkus prefers Ridsdale to buckets is that he knows that the buckets wouldn't work at Argyle.

Let's face it, we have good, genuine, hard-working and loyal fans at Exeter and when the sh1t hit the fan, we reacted. Argyle have a bunch of apathetic plastics who when it comes to the crunch, don't really give that much of a sh1t. Certainly not enough to dip into their own pockets.

I am actually quite proud of our fans' achievements in saving our football club and turning into into the club it is today, buckets and all.

IJN

My point is, and it can't be argued, no one wanted your club.

You HAD to do what you did.

iscalad

You HAD to do what you did.
And we are forever thankful.

Grecian2K

Surely the FACT is that thousands of us did....otherwise how else would we have come to be peering down at you?

And, even you have to drop the sycophancy and admit, is our model actually worse that an (unsafe?) handful of shysters and speculators less reassuring for the TRUE* supporters.

(By TRUE I mean the vast majority who don't try and grease their way into the magic inner circle of the current clique just to boost their own flagging self-esteem)

Last edited:

IJN

No lads, banter aside, I can live with what you did and it has got you where you are.

You've done well compared to your standards.

However, be honest, if any of you can, and say, would you have got down that route, if say, McCauley had come in.

iscalad

No lads, banter aside, I can live with what you did and it has got you where you are.

You've done well compared to your standards.

However, be honest, if any of you can, and say, would you have got down that route, if say, McCauley had come in.
Probably not. The arguement is, though, that you don't need Ridsdale if you have the guts to become a Trust.

McCauley is probably not as dodgy as Ridsdale. My opinion, like.

IJN

How many fans though, would take the plunge if there was a straight choice.

As I say, I think your trust has done brilliantly well, but half way up the 3rd tier is not exactly a shining beacon is it?

Before any dullard comes on here, and says 'higher than you', again, you'd be right, but again, it's not about that, it's about potential achievement.

grecian55

saw McCauley going into the flybe stand at the Brentford game ,he must have been the kiss of death that afternoon ha ha .