• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I love the GAP.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do. It's soooo ecfc, and what else could enhance the big bank than a bit of a gap. I'm saddened that it's being maligned so much, indeed I feel it needs a counter thread just to balance things as we all know just how important balance in all things is. Id miss that gap now if it went, id miss being able to look out over that part of our wonderful city. I'd miss watching all those hoofed balls disappearing down onto the tracks . The gap is now a real part of the park and should have a protection order on it. So come on, let's love the GAP and keep it close to our hearts.
*wipes a tear from his cheek*

IndoMike

I do. It's soooo ecfc, and what else could enhance the big bank than a bit of a gap. I'm saddened that it's being maligned so much, indeed I feel it needs a counter thread just to balance things as we all know just how important balance in all things is. Id miss that gap now if it went, id miss being able to look out over that part of our wonderful city. I'd miss watching all those hoofed balls disappearing down onto the tracks . The gap is now a real part of the park and should have a protection order on it. So come on, let's love the GAP and keep it close to our hearts.
*wipes a tear from his cheek*
I'm expecting you to set up a "Save the Gap" fund forthwith. Funds can be used for not erecting gantries, not installing any buildings, and not installing a scoreboard
However, I've always thought some fir trees would look good in that space and would enhance City's green (oops) credentials.
Howz about it, Geoff?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't hear many complaints about Watford's.

geoffwp

Trouble with trees is they aren't compatible with gapness Mike. I mean, imagine a kid with a cute gap in their teeth when they smile, it just wouldn't be the same if you jammed a bit of wood in there to fill it!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
They even wrote a song about the Cumberland one.

geoffwp

What the sausage?

geoffwp

I think you're telling porkies

IndoMike

Trouble with trees is they aren't compatible with gapness Mike. I mean, imagine a kid with a cute gap in their teeth when they smile, it just wouldn't be the same if you jammed a bit of wood in there to fill it!
Yes, but you can have "aesthetic gaps". Aesthetic gaps are gaps filled in aesthetically thus are no longer considered as just plain old "gaps".
The fir trees would attract all kinds of wildlife to the Park : squirrels, wood pigeons and even the Greater Spotted Argylian.

In addition, TV cameramen could hoist themselves up to the top of the trees and film, thus killing two birds with one stone.

If the trees should spoil the view for some supporters, periscopes could be provided free of charge (only for Trust members of course)

I realize that gaps are increasingly coming under an existential threat, but progress is progress and I'm just trying to strike a happy balance

fred binneys head

What’s the point of having a tree there to attract wood pigeons if a cameraman is just going to destroy them with a stone? You’re sick.

Legohead

Banned
I don't like trees at grounds. It automatically makes the ground look non league.