• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I follow whilst isolating

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was just wondering if you are allowed permission to view matches whilst isolating. Just we have covid in my family and are isolating currently including the game on Saturday which I now cannot attend and wondered if I could attain permission to watch on I follow despite living in Devon as I'm isolating.

I've emailed the club yesterday but yet to receive a response and wondered if anyone in exeweb knew if this was possible

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was just wondering if you are allowed permission to view matches whilst isolating. Just we have covid in my family and are isolating currently including the game on Saturday which I now cannot attend and wondered if I could attain permission to watch on I follow despite living in Devon as I'm isolating.

I've emailed the club yesterday but yet to receive a response and wondered if anyone in exeweb knew if this was possible
The club carry iFollow as part of the larger contract between it and the EFL clubs.

However, in terms of who and cannot access it the question needs to be asked of iFollow itself which is now run by the EFL.

Their contact email is [email protected].

You could also copy in [email protected] who is ECFC Supporters' Liaison Officer.
There might be some mileage in approaching the EFL at Club level and presenting them with this suggestion.

older-codger

TBH I would have thought that there was no chance. There is no way that you can watch iFollow if you are in a different part of the country and unable to attend live so to be able to watch in your circumstances - apart from how you can prove it to them - I would say your chances are zero.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
OK many thanks for the reply. I'll look into this later as home education is the call at the moment for the little ones.

I would've thought a simple unlocking of an individual account could be achieved oc to open up the match for me to purchase etc. But it's whether they want to. Again no harm in asking the question later

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be interesting to know what they say - I guess on this basis anyone who can't attend a game through any illness could in theory just ring the club and ask for a pass? I'd be surprised but worth a shout!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have forwarded an email so will update either way. Tbh it's as much something to do with my 7 year old n keep him entertained for a couple of hours on Saturday as he's missing his school friends this week

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently the match has been picked up by international broadcasting partners so it's a no. I asked if they can consider making exceptions moving forward so hopefully see changes moving forward

PeteUSA

TBH I would have thought that there was no chance. There is no way that you can watch iFollow if you are in a different part of the country and unable to attend live so to be able to watch in your circumstances - apart from how you can prove it to them - I would say your chances are zero.

Agree Ivor. The only way that should work is to subscribe and install a legal VPN. As far as I'm concerned, ExpressVPN is the best, and I've tried nearly all of em' You get 30 days free trial, which should cover the game you want at no cost, otherwise its $12 a month here.

Grecian2K

First my commiserations (and also congratulations for "doing the right thing") - (y) (unlike so many others (n)

Sadly though as stated "money talks" and there is probably as much chance of [legally] streaming the game as MJ going for 1 Mill+

Probs best to try and follow the Twitter coverage (and EW MDT)

In the meantime all the best for you and yours.