• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How to Spend our Windfall

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Personally, I think we should use the money to sort out the faded seats

SaintJames

Personally, I think we should use the money to sort out the faded seats
Haha I knew that would have an instant impact snoopy son :)

Pobbop

Pay the energy bills probably.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our turnover must be much larger than it used to be, and in the scheme of things 112k isn't really a windfall. It simply goes in the bank to stave off a possible struggling season in the future. We have already upped player investment levels compared to before and this is being managed at a sensible rate by the look of things. Looking at transfers over the years, it not about how much you spend (as long as you spend something), rather it's about making the right choice at the available price, which I know some people on here think is easy, but it's incredibly difficult. Those same people often have something negative to say about a new signing who then goes on to prove them wrong. I actually think last summer's business was our best ever, how we ended up having a better team after losing Bowman, Williams and especially Randall really impresses me. None of the new players cost a bomb but they have ended up carrying us through the more challenging parts of the season.
Ollie’s England appearances have so far netted us £300K. Unless Villa nose dive out of the PL which looks highly unlikely we will be due if memory serves me correctly another £150K.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Use the spare cash to put up a frame around The Gap (all praise to The Gap) and make it look like a big T.V. screen !!

ECFC89

There is no windfall. It has already been accounted for when financing the training ground.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ice cream for everyone on the last home match of the season.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Ice cream for everyone on the last home match of the season.
Can you make mine a choc ice please ?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can you make mine a choc ice please ?
Only Gold Members get choc ices 😉

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wine, Women & Song 😁

Can you still say that these days 😎 ?
And squander the rest...