• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How much.....

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
From memory that arcade was run by the Harrison’s, they had a big house near where the squash courts used to be in Dawlish
Yep..Think your right..I remember Brian had a XJ6 with the person registration BEV IL which was B EVIL

He ran the dodgems & occasionally came up to the arcade to threaten me into giving him the keys to the machines to grab cash if he was short of personal cash 😁
I was told not to give him the keys by his sister,but was unsurprisingly too scared to defy him.

Alistair20000

......Was your first pay packet?

Caravan camp shop summer worker as a student. £11 per week for a six day week working 11 hours a day: 66 hour week. 16.67 pence a hour. Lunch and tea provided. Don't think the boss "did" PAYE/NIC. Nobody moaned of modern slavery. First full time job £981 per annum when joining the Inland Revenue.

......Did you give your mum as "Keep" or Rent?

Dad insisted I pay some keep, do not recall the amount as Mum used to give it back to me saying "Don't tell your father"

......Was your first Car/Motorbike?

HA Viva £280.

......Was the Rent on your first place after leaving home?

£8 per week for a house in Herne Bay as a student. Five of us shared the property so £1.60 per week each. Never rented a main residence.

......Was the price of your first home/mortgage?

£13,250 for a 3 bedroom semi in Dorset with a £10,500 mortgage.

Swanaldo

£80 a week. £72 after tax paid in cash on Friday Lunchtime, in a small brown envelope. Think I was paying £22 a week rent at the time. 😆

cannockred

......Was your first pay packet? £12 per week as a trainee with Burtons the tailors. Had to share my commission with the senior sales, but i didnt get any of his. :(

......Did you give your mum as "Keep" or Rent? None, Dad was in the army and had been posted to Hong Kong so had to leave school at 15 3/4 to get a job

......Was your first Car/Motorbike? Didnt drive until i was 40, couldnt afford it. First car was a ford fiesta k644tvk when i lived in washington T&W. somebody nicked the windscreen but left the tax disk :)

......Was the Rent on your first place after leaving home? £20 per month

......Was the price of your first home/mortgage? £27K in Leeds. same street in beeston as the london bombers lived in. Sold in the end for £12k. Another one sold for £4k. :oops: