• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How many alcoholic units are you downing in an average week ?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
2 pints at football. A couple of pints after cricket a couple of times a week and not going in the shop to buy a crate or two so I'm drinking way less. Wish it was the same way with food.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably too many but life is for living
Try and leave off until Thursday

Couple of glasses of decent red of an evening is welcome . G&T on a Friday night, pint or two down the cricket club of a Sunday afternoon

Trump is teetotal. It's clearly bad for you :LOL:

Oldsmobile-88

Tricky for me to say..Some weeks Zero,other weeks (assuming 3 units for a pint) perhaps 15 units,can’t really drink that much these days.
25 years ago I was regularly knocking back 50 units every weekend.

During the lockdown I did start to have a few cans of Stella in the daytime,sat in the sun.

Been out to pubs twice this week for family occasions.Because I was driving,a big fat Zero in units consumed.I did not miss it,tbh.

grecIAN Harris

I barely drink at all now not that I've ever been much if a drinker. I used to have a couple after a game. I always found the fitter I was the easier it was to have a pint.

IndoMike

I barely drink at all now not that I've ever been much if a drinker. I used to have a couple after a game. I always found the fitter I was the easier it was to have a pint.
I seldom drink. Too bloody hot and humid here. Drink too much and you have a hangover like a sledgehammer. When at uni and in Spain I was more fish-like..

GJW

I have been drinking a bit more since end of March but am lowering my consumption level recently (probably 20 units per week). I would say though that it is mostly to get more cans for the Cans for City campaign, so I feel less guilty about it😉. By the way, I have 2 bin bags full to drop off the next time I’m at SJP. I exercise a fair bit for an old fart and work hard to play hard, although my body will eventually tell me to move to shandy soon enough. My wife is teetotal and doesn’t understand why I like a drink. I did 3.5 years of being teetotal from 2001 to 2005 due to a medical problem but have been able to have a drink since then, although not big quantities.

Last edited:

Swanaldo

My wife is teetotal.
My wife never touches the stuff. But enough about my sex life! 😂

IndoMike

My wife is beauteetotal ❤
(Thought I'd give her a mention 😎)

Steve H

I feel worried now... I reckon I must be around 20 - 25 units a week
Tend to have 2 or 3 alcohol free days but maybe 3 pints in a pub, few cans at home and the occasional nightcap all add up

ntipp1

Too many over lockdown, hopefully controlling it a bit better now. Also not going down to St James Park helps control the amount I drink 😂😂😂