• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How many alcoholic units are you downing in an average week ?

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Lego.They put it down to passive smoking. For myself , I‘ve never ever smoked in my life , detest the habit , but back in the day I worked in an environment where you could cut the smoke with a knife.
That said however , especially being a home winemaker and also with the job , I could put the drinks away in the past so it may not have helped , I’ve got my suspicions.I have cut it down considerably now though.

LOG

Anything in particular that you think is any good ?
I wouldn't claim to know a great deal but i had a few nice ones made by Big Drop Brewing. Brew Dog do quite a selection which are apparently quite good but i've got issues with them.

I've also had a couple which might as well have been sparkling water as they didn't taste of anything. I think one of them was called Free Damm so i wouldn't recommend that.

iscalad

After reading this thread, I had a large glass of Glenfiddich last night.

Alistair20000

Hi Lego.They put it down to passive smoking. For myself , I‘ve never ever smoked in my life , detest the habit , but back in the day I worked in an environment where you could cut the smoke with a knife.
That said however , especially being a home winemaker and also with the job , I could put the drinks away in the past so it may not have helped , I’ve got my suspicions.I have cut it down considerably now though.
It was quite appalling that offices from years back were smoke inhalation places. Parents smoking in the house too. However, we should not judge the past by the standards and with the knowledge of today.

As late as 1989 I recall attending a very long meeting in a conference room where around 10 people were puffing away most of the time. Clothes and hair stank summat disgusting. Straight in the bath for me on getting home.

Feckin’ dire.

Banksy

It was quite appalling that offices from years back were smoke inhalation places. Parents smoking in the house too. However, we should not judge the past by the standards and with the knowledge of today.

As late as 1989 I recall attending a very long meeting in a conference room where around 10 people were puffing away most of the time. Clothes and hair stank summat disgusting. Straight in the bath for me on getting home.

Feckin’ dire.
Yes , been there. My wife always complained bitterly of the stink when I got home as if it had been all my fault. Also got it at chess club evenings and of course football , some of the players at the time smoking like chimneys!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This looks interesting, but haven't tried it

Banksy

It looks stellar Hants.

elginCity

Early 80s spent a couple of years in a military classroom with all the windows tightly shut due to 'sensitive' content, even in the height of summer. Recall 3 smokers shared that space with us, particularly 'Dinger' who sat opposite chain-smoking throughout, then a triple-bypass at 50, but still above ground, thankfully. When Roy Castle's passing was attributed to the effects of passive smoking, did muse how many packs a day must have fed my 'habit'.

This after a healthy childhood in the family home of yellow ceilings, drawers full of Embassy coupons, car ashtrays chockfull, and then years of smokey pubs, clubs and messdecks. Covid would look at my lungs and think twice ! :LOL:

Last edited: