• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How long until...

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
We have to form another trust to take over from the current trust? Make sense?!

In seriousness I have to wonder how much longer the club can stay afloat financially without some kind of input from fans. I can only assume from anecdotal evidence that the club membership is dwindling (myself included) as a result of what's going on (or rather isn't going on) at the head of the trust. Without the income that the trust brings and the falling gate receipts as a result of the dross served up at SJP, you really have to start thinking about whether we're going to find ourselves back where we were 10 or so years ago. IF we end up in that kind of desperate situation again could you see yourself rallying around like the trust had to back then?

And yes I accept that this is all a bit dramatic and OTT, but Tisdale's salary ain't getting any lower and we're not getting any richer.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
If the worst does happen, with the best will in the world, I just can't see fans rallying around like they did before in any numbers. That is partly because a good few have seen the crash and burn coming, even if the club board and trust board haven't and also there is far more apathy and weariness in the fanbase this time around. Russell and Lewis were highly visible targets who overtly mismanaged the club in every way and were forever picking fights with supporters. Now we have a group of silent smiling killers mismanaging virtually everything, but without the criminal element.

I can't decide which is worse.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Russell & Lewis were worse. However, they were, if you like, pantomime villains and eventually it became clear to everyone what their game was.

The issue now is that while the Trust isn't delivering, it's motives are honest and, that being the case, people have been far less inclined to acknowledge it ain't working, get off their arses, and do something about it. However, it seems that tide may finally be turning.

Last edited:

GrecianWonder

The trust seem to be the equivalent of the weak little kid in school whose pe teacher described as 'enthusiastic but can't compete with others'

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I can only speak for myself here. I certainly would be very very wary about putting hand in pocket again. I would want some assurances that THIS time lessons had been learnt, and we were no way in hell going to let history repeat itself for a 3rd time!!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wouldn't put my hand in my pocket, while Tagg, Chorlton and Tis were at the club, if Tis has to stay I would only be happy if there was any way to enforce a massive wage cut, to bring him line with other League 2/Conference managers wages.

Off field cuts would seriously have to take a massive hit. Too many chiefs.