• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How long can we hang on to Pym?

motorservices

I think Tis might do a Harley and sell him (but for a lot more than Harley as he is under 24) and then get him back on loan. Alternatively Artur is available for loan as well. Likewise, if Grimes goes, I would expect to see Harley back on loan.
I was hopeful we would get harley back, having seen the way Grimes is coming on id rather keep Grimes, but as we are a selling club if we do sell him id like to think we would replace him, and Harley would be a good replacement

Taz

Imho both players are being seriously better served by playing competitive football every week and would be seriously damaged if the ended up signing for a big club and being in the reserves(U21 squads) and out on loan at numerous clubs.
This is the REAL reason why the state of the English national team is in such a state; our top English youngsters playing reserve games, whilst top international established players flood our 'Premier' league holding out English talent... and now Dyke wants Premier teams to be able 'pluck' these great potential players out of first team action to rot I reserves. The sooner Dyke is sacked the better!

With Pym he is a top player when he his confidence is high however if he loses that confidence through a silly mistake he tends to crumble... Now this sincerely isn't a criticism about the lad but more on our goalkeeping coach / manager as this has always been the problem recently with players aka Jones, Krysiak.

I don't think Tis helps the situation by sometimes laying the blame of loses squarely at the keepers feet (hands) never at strikers that are mis-firing. The club doesn't seem to be able to motivate the keepers well when things do go wrong.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is the REAL reason why the state of the English national team is in such a state; our top English youngsters playing reserve games, whilst top international established players flood our 'Premier' league holding out English talent... and now Dyke wants Premier teams to be able 'pluck' these great potential players out of first team action to rot I reserves. The sooner Dyke is sacked the better!

With Pym he is a top player when he his confidence is high however if he loses that confidence through a silly mistake he tends to crumble... Now this sincerely isn't a criticism about the lad but more on our goalkeeping coach / manager as this has always been the problem recently with players aka Jones, Krysiak.

I don't think Tis helps the situation by sometimes laying the blame of loses squarely at the keepers feet (hands) never at strikers that are mis-firing. The club doesn't seem to be able to motivate the keepers well when things do go wrong.
Christy certainly didn't let the soft goal he conceded yesterday allow him to crumble. He was equally, if not more so impressive.

flakey pasty

The sooner Dyke is sacked the better!
Perhaps we should start one of our little petitions. ;)

On the up

Bit of a shame the commentator on the FL Show had to come up with the "Pym will be disappointed" comment regarding the goal he let in! P*ssed me off a bit, since he apparently had a great game!
Pym showed some great reflexes and no little bravery yesterday. Even came and cleared from a couple of crosses. Gtreat performance. Was caught out a little for the goal. However after re watching the goal highlights, felt that Sercs should have been on his toes to block scorer and both Bennett and Grimes should have/could have got closer to help before shot was fired. Fine lines really but very evident when reviewing the goal. Great game to watch, throat a bit hoarse after all the cheering. On to D&G. Should be another exciting match.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Christy certainly didn't let the soft goal he conceded yesterday allow him to crumble. He was equally, if not more so impressive.
Yep he's made errors but seems to come back stronger for them, and that in itself is impressive. The question we should be asking ourselves is how goods our our back u keeper
Must say he looks and moves the part the part, BUT,,,,,,,

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps we should start one of our little petitions. ;)
he's got to live with what he helped do to English football for ever, personally i hope the ***** rots in hell.

Dubai Grecian

Seem to remember Joe Hart left the Shrews after only one season in the first team, what was his fee 500k up front? and that was years ago. If, I cant comment as I've not seen him play, Pym has that real ability to make the big time then a club may well invest in him now. If that's the case either January or next July/August could see us demanding and getting a transfer fee of 500 to 750k

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Judging by the commentary today, he had a brilliant game, making numorous top drawer saves! It sounded like he kept us in the game, for us to cling to the victory. Trouble is (as Barge said) that he could now be in demand in the january window. Sounds like he had one hell of a game, and deserved to be carried off shoulder high.
Loving your work Pete.

But nobody is going to be caught pointing out to you that , just a dozen games ago, you said that the 'manager would be off his rocker' to pick Pym ahead of Artur....

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?54006-So-Whats-going-on-with-Krysiak

Well-known Exeweb poster
Loving your work Pete.

But nobody is going to be caught pointing out to you that , just a dozen games ago, you said that the 'manager would be off his rocker' to pick Pym ahead of Artur....

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?54006-So-Whats-going-on-with-Krysiak
Ah come on Andrew be fair that was b4 he knew what he was talking about :D

Last edited: