• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How has Covid effected your relationship with Exeter City?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Very sad but option 3 for me, I've been going for 30 years but not being there to support, the who social part of it, seeing mates, build up to the game at the park in the red square etc. I'm just losing interest now, can't be bothered with watching it online, no atmosphere, none of the experience that I enjoyed. Saturday afternoons are now taken up with family stuff country walks etc and I just keep an eye on the score from my phone. Hopefully I will get back into it when all this passes but I think that many won't bother.
Those that won't bother will get replaced... natural lifecycle of lower league support, it's why our attendances are remarkably similar across the last 40+ years (3-5k). I know I won't be going as much over the next 10 years than I did the previous 10, such is life

I actually think there will be a significant attendance bump for 21/22 for all teams in the pyramid. You don't know what you have until its gone etc!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Those that won't bother will get replaced... natural lifecycle of lower league support, it's why our attendances are remarkably similar across the last 40+ years (3-5k). I know I won't be going as much over the next 10 years than I did the previous 10, such is life
I actually think there will be a significant attendance bump for 21/22 for all teams in the pyramid. You don't know what you have until its gone etc!
I agree and hope that 2021-22 is a bumper season for crowds in the lower leagues.

IBA

I agree and hope that 2021-22 is a bumper season for crowds in the lower leagues.
I wouldnt bet on it. I think overall the attendances will be as they were prior to Covid.

elginCity

Really missing the live matchday experience. Saturday's are just not the same.

Have very little enthusiasm for watching games on TV with no crowds - at any level.
Same here, sadly. Like watching a training session with no crowd there, rapidly lost interest. 3) for me. Hopefully, only temporary.

Steve H

Bit of a 3 for me.... watching on a screen on my own isn't the same - I miss the whole match day experience of a pint, the chat, the atmosphere

I sure the enthusiasm will return with the crowds

Ash

:ROFLMAO:nah just a long term relationship breakdown which meant i had to move further away(y)
Must have been some break up to move to another country 😉

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Drove past Crawley's ground on Thursday. Jeez, I even miss away days to Crawley :)

Alistair20000

Drove past Crawley's ground on Thursday. Jeez, I even miss away days to Crawley :)
:eek: