• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Horse Racing Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Frankie cruises to victory on Enable today in a King George with just 3 runners. A bit pathetic really. Still, it was an impressive performance and got Frankie out of the doodaa for a couple of appalling rides earlier on in the day.

Still no news about when spectators will be permitted into racecourses. An absolute joke.
A pathetic turn out for the King George especially after the loss of so much racing. Hard to know how good that performance was but Enable could only beat those that rocked up.

Have never rated Japan or Sovereign that highly.

Have not watched the earlier races yet.

IndoMike

A pathetic turn out for the King George especially after the loss of so much racing. Hard to know how good that performance was but Enable could only beat those that rocked up.

Have never rated Japan or Sovereign that highly.

Have not watched the earlier races yet.
An easy win for Enable in rather gloomy circumstances. Next the Arc?

Legohead

Banned
So pleased to see Hollie Doyle get 3rd in the BBC Sports Personality of the Year awards. If only she was on the best horses every race like Lewis Hamilton is in the best car every race eh? Then she might have won! :p

Alistair20000

If Chepstow is on tomorrow my sauces tell me that the Pipes are keen on Bumpy Johnson in the 13:05

Fitter than Boris Johnson.

Legohead

Banned
If Chepstow is on tomorrow my sauces tell me that the Pipes are keen on Bumpy Johnson in the 13:05

Fitter than Boris Johnson.
Just had a quick butchers at it. Pipe in good form, 25% win rate in last fortnight although jockey David Noonan is 0-15 rides in the last fortnight. Tissue favourite too, just.

Hope it comes in for you Ali.

Legohead

Banned
Non runner in the end. :cautious:

Legohead

Banned
Grand National to remain in April without spectators. There were rumours that it could be delayed to allow for some fans but not now..

LOG

Oh well. I don’t know why anyone would want to watch it anyway.

Legohead

Banned
Always wondered why trainers are prepared to send a horse from their base at somewhere like Taunton for a race at a track far away, like say Market Rasen when the likely odds of the horse are about 16/1.

Happens frequently and the cost of transport, entering the horse into the race and staff wages is only recouped if the horse is placed. Which often doesn't happen.

Legohead

Banned
Looks a beautiful day down there in Exeter judging by the horse racing coverage i'm watching from the meeting at Exeter today. Just had one winner actually. Looked beaten about half a mile out too. Only backed it due to the trainer being Harry Fry who trains next to the lovely holiday lodge we stayed in a few years ago near Crewkerne in somerset.